ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff time set for UTEP vs. Texas

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
The Longhorns will face the Miners in Austin on Saturday, Sept. 10, at 6 p.m. CT on Longhorn Network.

Cool, Thank you. Six of us are traveling to Austin to back the team. Texas plays Notre Dame first and they don't see UTEP coming. Should be fun.

Reactions: develman
Just curious. I wonder how many people actually watch the Longhorn Network. I read somewhere ESecPN is taking a cold shower with that network.

Just curious. I wonder how many people actually watch the Longhorn Network. I read somewhere ESecPN is taking a cold shower with that network.

LHN has been a disaster, one of of not the worst decision ESPN has ever made. The ratings are miniscule and the last numbers ive seen said lhn has lost 60 million dollars. They have struggled to get advertisers and viewers.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Mrs. 2step is a UT alum and watches it religiously over the weekends.

BTW, Texas once again telling members that the network is not up for negotiations so just get that out of their minds.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...horns-athletic-director-says-big-12-expansion

I am never surprised about an AD defending their institution's right to absorb as much money as they can from other sources. I don't think anyone under the sun expects or expected Perrin to say anything other than what he did. The Big 12 needs to expand. They know it, but Texas isn't giving up that $15mil from ESecPN and if the Big 12 Network was started, it's going to pull viewers immediately from LHN. Toss in the fact the Bowlsby acknowledged the need to make UT "whole" from losing that money and the B12N isn't going to siphon off that amount to Texas just to make them happy. The only way the B12N comes into play is if EsecPN pulls the plug on the LHN. I'm sure they have contractual framework language that prohibits that without a stiff penalty. Absurd.

Glad to know Ms. 2Step enjoys the channel. Whatever it takes to keep a happy home happy bro. :)

LHN has been a disaster, one of of not the worst decision ESPN has ever made. The ratings are miniscule and the last numbers ive seen said lhn has lost 60 million dollars. They have struggled to get advertisers and viewers.

For all of EsecPNs, dare I say, "mob like manipulation" of schedules, I'm glad to see they're taking that decision right in the testies.

Reactions: liebestraum
"Mrs. 2step is a UT alum and watches it religiously over the weekends."

Well, that gives the Longhorns two viewers. That is assuming you are a dutiful Mr. 2step and watch with her.

Ya'll know the LHN kicked us in the cohones too right? Undercut all future rights deals including CUSA and cost about 400 espn staffers their jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT