ADVERTISEMENT

King of Collectibles/Netflix/Utep

Some museum might take interest in the 1966 team given the history made by the team (they made a movie about it, after all).

But it's just a banner. I don't know why anybody would plop that kind of money for a mere banner. UTEP can and will just have a new one made.
Maybe a museum, but at the end of the day, it’s a UTEP made banner, not a trophy made by the NCAA.

Do we even know if it’s a 58 year old banner and that it hasn’t been replaced several times?

Russell Westbrook wore a Texas Western Jersey, don't you remember??? Where is the original Bobby Joe Hill Jersey he wore at the game? What about the suit Don Haskins wore in the game? History Buffs and Sport fanatics would be interested in 1966 stuff. Hank Aaron and civil rights stuff people want .
How could I forget? Wow, Russell wore the jersey 1 time and he’s such a popular player too! All the young kids want to grow up and be like Russell Westbrook now.

It’s only value is what someone is willing to pay like all collectibles. So fili how much are you willing to spend on it?

Reactions: FedupMiner
That Westbrook exposure drove all UTEP memorabilia through the roof. He should get a cut of all UTEP future memorabilia sales.
That's not the point. Mr NCAAnowins said that nobody right now cares about 1966 stuff Like always he is wrong. A Bobby Joe Hill game worn jersey 1966 . I say it would at least go for 50k. If the game ball is still around I'd say that goes for about 80k to 100k. The Banner in the Haskins center. I say it would go for like 8k to 10k.

It’s only value is what someone is willing to pay like all collectibles. So fili how much are you willing to spend on it?
Okay let's pretend it's in Auction right now the Banner. Let's say we are all millionaires and big ballers. I will start the bidding.

I will start the bidding at 5k

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Okay let's pretend it's in Auction right now the Banner. Let's say we are all millionaires and big ballers. I will start the bidding.

I will start the bidding at 5k
We got one at 5k…..anybody 6k….anybody 6k….to the truest utep fans….6k anybody….sold to mr fili to 5k. There ya go. Even a fake millionaire fan will only spend 5k on that banner 🤣🤣

Ur a fake millionaire and still couldn’t “splurge” for more than 5k on that item. What would people with real money spend???

We got one at 5k…..anybody 6k….anybody 6k….to the truest utep fans….6k anybody….sold to mr fili to 5k. There ya go. Even a fake millionaire fan will only spend 5k on that banner 🤣🤣

Ur a fake millionaire and still couldn’t “splurge” for more than 5k on that item. What would people with real money spend???
Where would I even put it?

Maybe it would be cool to hang at the local YMCA basketball court. But it's too freaking big to hang at the wall at my home. If somebody gave it to me for free, I don't know what I would do with it.

Reactions: KaneFan29
Where would I even put it?

Maybe it would be cool to hang at the local YMCA basketball court. But it's too freaking big to hang at the wall at my home. If somebody gave it to me for free, I don't know what I would do with it.
Use it as a blanket, every night you will have sweet dreams on being part of that special team. 5 seconds to go, UTEP up by 24, and Fili gets in the game and turns the ball over.
Oh well, Fili, you still have your fantasies.

https://lelands.com/bids/1970-71-ucla-bruins-national-championship-basketball-ring

A 1970-71 Bruins Championship ring sold for 2,600. I’m sorry but the 66 team only matters to us El Pasoans and UTEP alum. The movie, the HOF induction were all great but they didn’t create a new generation of fans and we don’t have this energized donor base. Someone wore a jersey, whatever. The only people that would bid on UTEP memorabilia are UTEP fans and the vast majority are too cheap to attend the games so they wouldn’t attempt to shell out money for a big ticket item.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT