ADVERTISEMENT

King of Collectibles/Netflix/Utep

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Anyone see this show yet?

I wonder what would be the most expensive Utep collectible?? Maybe UTEP can put some stuff on Auction to raise money??

Anyone see this show yet?

I wonder what would be the most expensive Utep collectible?? Maybe UTEP can put some stuff on Auction to raise money??
I have a framed El Paso Times newspaper front page the day Don Haskins retired and had Don Haskins autograph it. He also autographed my Glory Road movie case. I don't know if it worth anything but I like having it.

Last edited:
I have a framed El Paso Times newspaper front page the day Don Haskins retired and had Don Haskins autograph it. He also autographed my Glory Road movie case. I don't know if it worth anything but I like having it.
i will start the bidding. I will give you $20 for it.

I say a 1966 Bobby Joe Hill or David Lattin game worn jersey, in the 1966 championship, would be the most expensive Utep memorabilia .

There is this for sale. I bet he would sell more if they put Kobe instead of Magee. lol

All kinds of red flags with that site. Really bad grammar. Fits in well with a Foolie post though.

“4. Why do you charge my card more than your product price?

We only receive the product price. The extra money may be charged by the bank as the bank fee. Hope you can understand.”

“ 7. How do I can change my order or cancel my order?

When we received your payment, we will deal with your order within 2 days. So if you real want to change it or cancel it, we hope you can tell us within 2 days. Because if we ship it out , it is difficult to stop the parcel for you. So we hope you can understand.”

To answer the original question, it would have to be something Aaron Jones or Tim Hardaway related. They are the only 2 UTEP players that have national followings.

To answer the original question, it would have to be something Aaron Jones or Tim Hardaway related. They are the only 2 UTEP players that have national followings.
Wrong again. It has to be something 1966 related. What about the game ball that was used in the 1966 championship game?

Wrong again. It has to be something 1966 related. What about the game ball that was used in the 1966 championship game?
who currently has the ball? What amount did it sell for last time it was sold? What game used jerseys are available?

Yeah, you’re right, some rich guy with no connection to UTEP is dying to get their hands on a Bobby Joe Hill jersey!!!!

Reactions: Dmanminer
who currently has the ball? What amount did it sell for last time it was sold? What game used jerseys are available?

Yeah, you’re right, some rich guy with no connection to UTEP is dying to get their hands on a Bobby Joe Hill jersey!!!!

IDK who has the ball? There is possibility multiple balls were used ? It was probably was destroyed? What about the nets that were cut?? Someone must have them? Some sports historian nut would be interested in that stuff.

Reactions: Lil_Train
My childhood dentist was a regular in the Haskins 5th wheel post game “discussions” I was told. That 5th wheel has to be somewhere and worth some decent cash.

This Tim Hardaway card sold for almost $800. Those things you’re showing us, are unwanted and not valuable

The most popular teams in sports history is the

1992 Dream Team
The US Hockey team that beat Russia in the Olympics
1972 Dolphins
1966 Texas Western Team

Anything from these teams is worth money. On the Netflix show, it talks about the Dream Team. Karl Malones wife was the only one smart enough to collect all the jerseys from that team. In the show Karl Malone has all the jerseys and shorts. He basically has everything. I dont remember how much he sold everything for. Now I dont know if anyone at UTEP saved all the jerseys from 1966. Well the only jerseys that would be worth anything is the one used in the championship game. I do think a collection like that would be worth as much as the dream team. If UTEP has them I don't think they would sell them. They dont need the money. In the show I believe they auction some of Hank Aaron's stuff and it went for millions I believe. Texas Western has history, sports, and civil rights on its side. I think it could go for millions. Maybe not one Jersey but the whole team I think would. Karl Malone I think is selling his whole collection.

I really think you might be missing parts of your brain or you do hardcore drugs before posting on this site.

The 1966 team is in no way in consideration for “most popular team in sport’s history”. What a ludicrous statement.

I really think you might be missing parts of your brain or you do hardcore drugs before posting on this site.

The 1966 team is in no way in consideration for “most popular team in sport’s history”. What a ludicrous statement.

“Popular” and “history making” are entirely different things. The 66 team changed the game. And it was not a “popular” happening at the time.

What other teams are in a Hall of Fame?

What other teams are in a Hall of Fame?
Who fvckin cares? It has nothing to do with popularity. The 66 team is not popular. Especially outside of El Paso.

There’s hundreds of people in hall of fames that people have never heard of and have memorabilia that isn’t valuable.

Here is Karl Malones items that are on auction. I think a Bobby Joe Hill or David Lattin game worn jersey from 1966 would sell more than at least John Stockon.

Who fvckin cares? It has nothing to do with popularity. The 66 team is not popular. Especially outside of El Paso.

There’s hundreds of people in hall of fames that people have never heard of and have memorabilia that isn’t valuable.
Here is a game used Oscar Robinson college jersey sold for 60k. You are telling me nobody would want a game use jersey from the 1966 championship game??

Reactions: T-6 Miner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT