ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech and Kansas State going into OT

Tech lost in 3 OTs, beat KSU everywhere but where it counted. Now THAT's how you go into a Big 12 house and COMPETE! IMO, Louisiana Tech is probably the 4th best team in C-USA this year. UTEP avoids playing the top three teams this season and, for the third year in a row, does not play the best football program in C-USA...

Do you ever wonder how schools like LA Tech and Tulsa always have good teams despite having crappy support, they're not too far from home for their mama and papa to drive out and see their kids. Just curious, what "in the middle of nowhere" school, not in a P5 conference, do "this."

Do you ever wonder how schools like LA Tech and Tulsa always have good teams despite having crappy support, they're not too far from home for their mama and papa to drive out and see their kids. Just curious, what "in the middle of nowhere" school, not in a P5 conference, do "this."
Without doing any research on it, Boise St. , Central Michigan , Toledo, I'm sure there's other examples, of small schools beating P5 teams.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
La. Tech has crappy fan support in both revenue sports but the athletic department has been totally devoted to hiring the best coaches for their programs. For football it's been like the that for over thirty years. I remember watching them at the Sun Bowl against UTEP David Lee program that got pummeled by the offensive line led then, by now NFL legend Willie "Nasty" Roaf. From what I read, La Tech suffers from state geopolitical sickness, just like UTEP and NMSU; too far from the state capital. However, La. Tech (and UTEP to a certain extent) is becoming a shinning example in FBS athletics on how to run a successful program with limited funds. Also, La Tech suffers from what UAB suffers from with Alabama. To think LSU boosters, politicos and big supporters don't interfere with La Tech college politics is like thinking the tooth fairy is real. Southern politics is alive and well, just in different form.

Whenever we are close in proximity to the Houston and Dallas area, that's when.

I really do believe Kugler can bring in the best talent to play anyone. It takes time. However, the FBS game has evolved to much NOT to have a quality passing game of some sort and stop blaming the previous administration after your third year. You're staff is in place, you've gone through three recruiting cycles and threw out the previous talent upon arrival. Ya basta! Move on and take responsibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT