ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of Atmosphere at the Games

Then the dumb DJ in the middle taking up like five seats, that douche provides ZERO value, UTEP is wasting their money paying that clown. Been the same music the past four or five years.

How dare you disrespect my boy Jason Craig. Bigwood this is the final straw and I will report you to the mods.

Just playing, I think he does a good job. Students like him, so its cool with me.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Possibly Wright St., sitting at 8-3 right now. THEY beat Western Kentucky.

Edit: Yeah, looking at the records for Stetson and Towson, the best win was definitely Wright St.
Going thru the mid major Nov/Dec schedules and Wright State is the low mid major no one is watching. Better known mid major Dayton is on everyone radar. Top half of A10 and MVC playing the best bball for mid majors.

However, this is a big quality win for Terry that may not count come post tourney time for UTEP. UC Irvine is a solid ball club and can compete with anyone, including majors.

Going thru the mid major Nov/Dec schedules and Wright State is the low mid major no one is watching. Better known mid major Dayton is on everyone radar. Top half of A10 and MVC playing the best bball for mid majors.

However, this is a big quality win for Terry that may not count come post tourney time for UTEP. UC Irvine is a solid ball club and can compete with anyone, including majors.

It's not a big quality win. It's a good win. But that's all.

How dare you disrespect my boy Jason Craig. Bigwood this is the final straw and I will report you to the mods.

Just playing, I think he does a good job. Students like him, so its cool with me.
We have officially crossed over into the old and not with the in crowd anymore.

So was the atmosphere. Shouldn't any UTEP announcer worth his salt yell out "Miner Ball" as often as possible? I haven't heard Miner Ball all year.

I made a conscious effort to listen every time the ball was out of bounds and called for UTEP. The tournament announcer said it many times

I made a conscious effort to listen every time the ball was out of bounds and called for UTEP. The tournament announcer said it many times
Yeah, after I called it to his attention. He did none of it during Monday's game. But he still has to make a bigger deal out of it. And doing it many times is short of doing it EVERY time. Announcer has to keep his head in the game. Get a personality dude. I got my eyes on you :cool:

Reactions: Cube Jack
Yeah, after I called it to his attention. He did none of it during Monday's game. But he still has to make a bigger deal out of it. And doing it many times is short of doing it EVERY time. Announcer has to keep his head in the game. Get a personality dude. I got my eyes on you :cool:

It'll be a different announcer when games start up again though.

Fans- responsibility, cheer/provide atmosphere, attend
Team- responsibility to give fans a reason to cheer
Is that what the Chihuahuas do? Leave it up to the fans. Is that what the NBA and NFL do? There is more to the game than the game. The event itself should be a destination and the venue needs to provide entertainment value.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Is that what the Chihuahuas do? Leave it up to the fans. Is that what the NBA and NFL do? There is more to the game than the game. The event itself should be a destination and the venue needs to provide entertainment value.

Been saying that for awhile. UTEP needs to copy what the Chihuahuas do.

Been saying that for awhile. UTEP needs to copy what the Chihuahuas do.

source.gif

I see people complaining about the Don having non existing fans. Well why can those peeps get the
crowd going. It's easy to complain but what are you doing to better the experience for everyone in the
Don?
I have seen it all from back in the late 70's to this year. This new generation will get there; just
keep winning and things will change. Don't give up on the crowd they haven't had a nothing to cheer
about in the past 10 or more years, so what can you expect?

Go Miners...

I see people complaining about the Don having non existing fans. Well why can those peeps get the
crowd going. It's easy to complain but what are you doing to better the experience for everyone in the
Don?
I have seen it all from back in the late 70's to this year. This new generation will get there; just
keep winning and things will change. Don't give up on the crowd they haven't had a nothing to cheer
about in the past 10 or more years, so what can you expect?

Go Miners...

This is where the marketing and promotion team comes into effect. Have giveaways, $1 hotdogs, $5 tickets, bring in NBA mascots, etc. It's not that hard to do. Senter is just lazy and the marketing department is non-existent.

The Chihuahuas have 70 games and have a promotion or giveaway at every game. If the Chihuahuas can do it for 70 games UTEP can do it as well for a lot less games.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
This is where the marketing and promotion team comes into effect. Have giveaways, $1 hotdogs, $5 tickets, bring in NBA mascots, etc. It's not that hard to do. Senter is just lazy and the marketing department is non-existent.

The Chihuahuas have 70 games and have a promotion or giveaway at every game. If the Chihuahuas can do it for 70 games UTEP can do it as well for a lot less games.
I do agree that they can do a better job at UTEP with promotions but I don't see $1 hotdogs getting the crowd going

Yawn

I do agree that they can do a better job at UTEP with promotions but I don't see $1 hotdogs getting the crowd going

I agree. It has to be a combination. I remember when UTEP used to bring in NBA mascots to the games. Do that and $1 hot dogs. There are endless possibilities for promotions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT