ADVERTISEMENT

Love it or Hate it...

Haskins Fan

MI Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2006
It is amazing how some posters act when Coach Floyd loses a game and call out some players. They state that
we are in crappy league and so on. The truth of the matter is that UTEP is our team; is like part of our family.
UTEP is part of EL Paso and represents us very well, not only in athletics.
Now my question is, when your kid plays a sport in one of those leagues or at school and you know they are
not good players; what do you do? Do you encourage those kids and tell them they did great or you tell them
you suck? Do you fire their coach?
We are not part of the Big 5 where there is plenty of money and cheating going around to get the best players.
I am not making an excuse but we have to support our coaches and players. Most of those players come
straight out of high school, some need to adjust.
I was in the military and can tell for a fact that not everyone makes it. Even when they get out the military they
have a problem adjusting to the civilian life. It's not easy. I would like to ask everyone to reconsider what they
are about to post. That young man could be your son or daughter in the near future.

Go Miners...

Good post, but people do spend a lot of money on food, tickets, apparel, etc... The coach is paid ten times the average fans salary. The players get the free education that handcuffs most of us for the rest of our lives with debt.

It's not the YMCA. Every athlete that makes it to this level of play dreams about being here, works hard to get here, and they know exactly what they're getting into.

You should win more games by year 6, no excuses. I was a big time Floyd supporter, he's had his chance, he hasn't gotten it done.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
The TWC seal used to read: Texas Western College of the University of Texas. It was classy.

Mmmmm, ok.....

TvGGHQG.gif

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT