ADVERTISEMENT

MBB scrimmage

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Magee is tiny -- doubt he's 6-1. Highler not much bigger.

Wade is long and looks athletic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
Wade wins slam dunk contest; Thomas second.

Floyd cancels three point contest -- wants to play.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Who's been playing the point for the newbies? If both Gilyard and Magee, who looks more poised as a floor general?

Gotta hit the road. Appreciate you guys' commentary. Look forward to your overall assessments after the game.

Reactions: jdubb66
Hard to grade Gillard. He kinda disappeared for the second period. Shot is off. Magee looks like he ca stroke it.

Heard McGee was really impressive as well??
He was much more confident than Gilyard. His ball handling was impressive and I can see him really work his way into a great shooter. Drew an audible ooo with a dribble drive.

When Wilms played, it almost looked like an unfair advantage for the vets. Jones, Omega, Thomas were the core of the veteran attack. Wade looked so good it must be a fluke. Has a lot of tools though. Great outside shot tonight. Osborne has the physical tools and should get minutes this year. We could go 8 or 9 deep if they guys keep advancing.

Honestly, Trey Wade is the real deal. He has great moves, range AND he tries to play defense.
I wasn't impressed with Gillard at all. Too quick to shoot and nothing was falling. Wasn't trying to "lead" the offense. Looked more like he wanted to impress with his offense.
Kobe is quick as shit. Made some great passes. Also made a move that blew the sneakers off the D.
Osborne has some skills.
I LOVE Smith, but he got winded after one trip down the court.
Floyd said no one is in good shape in the summer....he was right....they ALL looked winded early. Not much defense to be able to make a good guess.

What I was very disappointed in was Touchet. I expected him to take the reigns but it looks as if it will be ALL Omega.
The new guys are rough, but once again, I have high hopes...

Reactions: axingfools1
Okay, here is my analysis:
Omega was great, still cat quick.
Thomas was outstanding, he has extended his outside shot to 3 point range.
Wade was very impressive. He is very athletic and can drive to the basket and drill the three.
The one that surprised me the most was Osbourne. He is more athletic than I thought. He drove to the basket relentlessly and has a great 3 point stroke.
Wilms didn't play that much but when he was in, the newbies couldn't contain him.
Tirus Smith is going to be special. He hit the first shot for his team and it was a three. He is going to be a load down low. Agree with everyone else that he was out of shape and he did admit that to me.
Gilyard wasn't hitting his shots during the game but during warm ups he wasn't missing. He is a leader out there and think he will be our point guard.
Magee is quick and hit some threes and made a super layup.
Touchet didn't do much, hit a couple of shots.
Flaggert was same as Touchet but is nursing a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder.
Kelvin has improved tremendously and showed more patience in the low blocks and played well with his back to the basket.
St Pierre did okay but nothing spectacular. I did ask him if the plan was to redshirt this year and he said no and that he will be playing this year.
They have a walk on from Riverside California, DeShaun Highler that looked pretty good for a walk on.

What struck me the most about this team, is it looks like we can take five players out of the game and put in five guys off the bench and we will not lose anything (the depth is going to be a strength for this team).

Nice assessment, mikesarabia. Sounds promising. Appreciate all the feedback from you guys that were able to attend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT