ADVERTISEMENT

MBB scrimmage

Orange 80- White 70

TOUCHET played very steady and was focused on getting the offense going. I don't think he is a starter, but he might be by default. He should be one of the first few off the bench with his ability, experience and potential scoring spurts.

OMEGA played fast, quick and under control. His handles and misdirection are tight. He was the best player on the floor and didn't seem to get tired. He is all-conference material and should average around 20ppg.

FLAGGERT took a few threes and a few charges. Good player but nothing spectacular.

THOMAS looked very competitive and his midrange game was on point. His release is high. He looks stronger. He was all over the place on defense but still has more potential. He just looks confident.

WILLMS playing time was limited, but he played well and should be a huge weapon this season.

JONES looks strong and throws it down like an animal when he gets the chance. He showed his little hook and some good moves around the paint, but still has to work on his finishing. Didn't see much rim protection today but we all saw the flashes last year.

GILYARD seemed to be off his game today. I was expecting more from him, but at least his poor shooting didn't seem to bother him much. He played really hard on defense.

MCGEE was very slick with the ball and keeps his dribble low. He made some excellent passes. He seems to have good court vision, but made some late mistakes that led to turnovers.

OSBORNE is lean and athletic. He had some very nice drives and finishes. His 3-point shot is very pretty, and when he had chances to set his feet the shots were spot on.

WADE looks like a future star. He is a scorer and is persistant with his shot. He has good range. He couldn't really hang with Omega but he did force Omega to pull back his shot a few times. He went at PT in the second half and did well even blocking his shot once. Needs to work on free throws.

SMITH is looong and I think suprised a lot of people with his paint moves and rebounding prowess. He also drained a few 3-pointers and had another go in and out. He was the most tired, but did well to make it through though.

ST. PIERRE is a big boy but looks more like 6'8" to me. Made some nice layups in tight and looks good at the free throw line. I think a redshirt year could be an option given this years personel.

HIGHLER walk-on looks like he could actually contribute some.

My starters based on this scrimmage would be:
Omega
Osbourne
Wade
PT
Willms

Last edited:
Orange 80- White 70

TOUCHET played very steady and was focused on getting the offense going. I don't think he is a starter, but he might be by default. He should be one of the first few off the bench with his ability, experience and potential scoring spurts.

OMEGA played fast, quick and under control. His handles and misdirection are tight. He was the best player on the floor and didn't seem to get tired. He is all-conference material and should average around 20ppg.

FLAGGERT took a few threes and a few charges. Good player but nothing spectacular.

THOMAS looked very competitive and his midrange game was on point. His release is high. He looks stronger. He was all over the place on defense but still has more potential. He just looks confident.

WILLMS playing time was limited, but he played well and should be a huge weapon this season.

JONES looks strong and throws it down like an animal when he gets the chance. He showed his little hook and some good moves around the paint, but still has to work on his finishing. Didn't see much rim protection today but we all saw the flashes last year.

GILYARD seemed to be off his game today. I was expecting more from him, but at least his poor shooting didn't seem to bother him much. He played really hard on defense.

MCGEE was very slick with the ball and keeps his dribble low. He made a some excellent passes. He seems to have good court vision, but made same late mistakes that led to turnovers.

OSBORNE is lean and athletic. He had some very nice drives and finishes. His 3-point shot is very pretty, and when he had chances to set his feet the shots were spot on.

WADE looks like a future star. He is a scorer and is persistant with his shot. He has good range. He couldn't really hang with Omega but he did force Omega to pull back his shot a few times. He went at PT in the second half and did well even blocking his shot once. Needs to work on free throws.

SMITH is looong and I think suprised a lot of people with his paint moves and rebounding prowess. He also drained a few 3-pointers and had another go in and out. He was the most tired, but did well to make it through though.

ST. PIERRE is a big boy but looks more like 6'8" to me. Made some nice layups in tight and looks good at the free throw line. I think a redshirt year could be an option given this years personel.

Walk-on looks like he could actually contribute some.

My starters based on this scrimmage would be:
Omega
Osbourne
Wade
PT
Willms

Who is your starting PG?

Did anyone from here fill out the starting line up ballot for Costa Rica?

Is Floyd really going to start Gilyard, Wade, Flaggert, Smith, and Willms?

I filled out the ballot. I thought they were going to add up the numbers for each vote and then give a starting line-up for the 1st game. Instead they just picked one random ballot and that was that...

I filled out the ballot. I thought they were going to add up the numbers for each vote and then give a starting line-up for the 1st game. Instead they just picked one random ballot and that was that...
You're pulling our chain right?

That would have been the logical thing to do.

I guess it was the easiest way to do it. Gathering the ballots, counting them , and announcing the results, could have taken too long. Besides, these games don't count for anything so it doesn't matter. The first play stoppage, Floyd will have the players he wants in.

It sounds like they should have been more specific that it was more of a drawing than a vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT