• Yes. CUSA only

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
With the football season officially starting tomorrow I thought it would be cool to have a weekly running Miner Digs Pick Em game. My plan is to have all the CUSA games plus the top 25. At the end of each week I'll add up the totals and announce the weekly winner. As the season progresses I'll also post the overall leader. At the end of bowl season the overall champion will be crowned. The champion will be the player with the best winning percentage. If there is a tie the player with more games picked will win the tiebreaker.

The reward is the pride of having bragging rights as a master college football expert.

The rules are basic. Post the picks the day before the 1st game of the week starts. For example if there is a Thursday game all picks must be in by Wednesday night. No editing the picks. If an edit is made to your comment after a game has started all the picks for that week will be discarded. You don't have to make a pick for every game in the top 25 but a pick must be made for every game involving a CUSA team.

I'm open to any suggestions you might have to improve the game.

Week 0
(14) Stanford vs RICE
(19) USF @ San Jose St

Last edited:
Good idea. Can you create a weekly ballot with boxes to check for each game in the winning team's column? This would simplify the selection process as well as the result count.

This week ....USF and Stanford

Reactions: JCorona
Good idea. Can you create a weekly ballot with boxes to check for each game in the winning team's column? This would simplify the selection process as well as the result count.

This week ....USF and Stanford
That sounds like a very good suggestion. I'm stumped as to how to incorporate a ballot into here. If you or anyone else knows how to do it I'll gladly learn.

This week is real easy and everyone should go up 2-0. Next week will be more difficult.

Stanford
USF

Not sure FM has the power, any longer, to knock CM out. I am not a McGregor fan by any means, but I bet he makes a better fight of this than most think.

Not sure FM has the power, any longer, to knock CM out. I am not a McGregor fan by any means, but I bet he makes a better fight of this than most think.
They are both professional fighters so it should be competitive for a few rounds. Mayweather might be a bit rusty from his two year hiatus. Connor has youth, size and power on his side. At the end of the day this is a boxing match and the difference in skill level will become apparent by the mid rounds.

By the 8-10 round I think Connor will be frustrated, gas out, and become a sitting target for Floyd. I don't see a knockout punch where Connor goes out cold but a culmination of punches that forces the referee to stop it.

You guys are probably both right, Corona and 8106. However, and against all good sense, I have some weird feeling that this won't play out exactly like all the pundits are predicting. I'm probably way off base, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT