ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Tennessee ...

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
... beat UAB today.

Let's say they lose a close game in the CUSA tournament final.

Do they get an at-large bid?

I say yes. Their RPI is currently at 32. If they win their last two games and win two games in the tournament and lose in the championship game they will be 29-5.

... beat UAB today.

Let's say they lose a close game in the CUSA tournament final.

Do they get an at-large bid?

MTSU is not looking good. That UTEP game was a rock in the glass pane structure known as CUSA for them. You have seven ACC teams the committee will for sure look at:
Florida State 11-5 23-6
Louisville 11-5 23-6
Notre Dame 11-5 22-7
Duke 10-6 22-7
Miami 10-6 20-8
Virginia Tech 9-7 20-8
Virginia 9-7 19-9

Do not throw out Syracuse at 17-13 and 9-8 in conference too. The selections has many, many times invited a double digit losses school from strong conferences before.

Then you have the SEC:

Kentucky 14-2 24-5
Florida 13-3 23-6
Arkansas 11-5 22-7
South Carolina 11-5 21-8
Ole Miss 9-7 18-11

Do you invite Ole Miss? They're lost all their OOC quality games (but won against lesser OOC schools) . They lost to MTSU, VT and Creighton, their only quality opponents. However, they are in a conference that is historically strong, but not quiet as strong this year.

Then there was a PAC 12 conference that was really tough for the top half for in-conference play:

Oregon 15-2 26-4
Arizona 15-2 26-4
UCLA 13-3 26-3
California 10-6 19-9
Utah 9-7 18-10
USC 8-8 21-8

But if you look at the OOC for California, Utah and USC, their OOC was not even stellar to say the least. Cal has one decent quality win against SDSU. Utah lost all their OOC quality games against Butler, Xavier and even lost to San Francisco. USC has one quality win against SMU. They did beat TAMU but they are towards the bottom of the SEC. Look for the PAC 12 to bring 4 up to 5 to the NCAA.

As for the Big XII:

Kansas 14-2 26-3
West Virginia 11-5 23-6
Iowa State 11-5 19-9
Baylor 10-6 23-6
Oklahoma State 9-7 20-9

This conference was up and down and dominated by Kansas as usual. WVU and Baylor were looking to be top 5 contenders but had some setbacks. Baylor has bounced back as has WVU. Okie State lost to UNC and Maryland but did beat Wichita State.

Also, BYWHOO? just pulled a major, major stunner against Gonzaga. The pussy cats are at #68 and are 21-10. They do not have one quality win except for last night, but if they real off two wins in the conference tourney, don't be surprised.

Then you have the conference tourney champs.

So my case is MTSU has not choice but to win the CUSA Tournament. They did what they were asked to do as far as scheduling for mid majors that the selection teams asks mid majors to do; but life isn't fair. If they make it as an at large, they will be 14 to 16 seed.

MTSU is not looking good. That UTEP game was a rock in the glass pane structure known as CUSA for them. You have seven ACC teams the committee will for sure look at:
Florida State 11-5 23-6
Louisville 11-5 23-6
Notre Dame 11-5 22-7
Duke 10-6 22-7
Miami 10-6 20-8
Virginia Tech 9-7 20-8
Virginia 9-7 19-9

Do not throw out Syracuse at 17-13 and 9-8 in conference too. The selections has many, many times invited a double digit losses school from strong conferences before.

Then you have the SEC:

Kentucky 14-2 24-5
Florida 13-3 23-6
Arkansas 11-5 22-7
South Carolina 11-5 21-8
Ole Miss 9-7 18-11

Do you invite Ole Miss? They're lost all their OOC quality games (but won against lesser OOC schools) . They lost to MTSU, VT and Creighton, their only quality opponents. However, they are in a conference that is historically strong, but not quiet as strong this year.

Then there was a PAC 12 conference that was really tough for the top half for in-conference play:

Oregon 15-2 26-4
Arizona 15-2 26-4
UCLA 13-3 26-3
California 10-6 19-9
Utah 9-7 18-10
USC 8-8 21-8

But if you look at the OOC for California, Utah and USC, their OOC was not even stellar to say the least. Cal has one decent quality win against SDSU. Utah lost all their OOC quality games against Butler, Xavier and even lost to San Francisco. USC has one quality win against SMU. They did beat TAMU but they are towards the bottom of the SEC. Look for the PAC 12 to bring 4 up to 5 to the NCAA.

As for the Big XII:

Kansas 14-2 26-3
West Virginia 11-5 23-6
Iowa State 11-5 19-9
Baylor 10-6 23-6
Oklahoma State 9-7 20-9

This conference was up and down and dominated by Kansas as usual. WVU and Baylor were looking to be top 5 contenders but had some setbacks. Baylor has bounced back as has WVU. Okie State lost to UNC and Maryland but did beat Wichita State.

Also, BYWHOO? just pulled a major, major stunner against Gonzaga. The pussy cats are at #68 and are 21-10. They do not have one quality win except for last night, but if they real off two wins in the conference tourney, don't be surprised.

So my case is MTSU has not choice but to win the CUSA Tournament. They did what they were asked to do as far as scheduling for mid majors that the selection teams asks mid majors to do; but life isn't fair. If they make it as an at large, they will be 14 to 16 seed.

I tend to agree.

The committee likely prefers only one CUSA team, and you know MT doesn't want to risk putting it in the committee's hands.

Florida State 11-5 23-6
Louisville 11-5 23-6
Notre Dame 11-5 22-7
Duke 10-6 22-7
Miami 10-6 20-8
Virginia Tech 9-7 20-8
Virginia 9-7 19-9

Then you have the SEC:

Kentucky 14-2 24-5
Florida 13-3 23-6
Arkansas 11-5 22-7
South Carolina 11-5 21-8
Ole Miss 9-7 18-11

Oregon 15-2 26-4
Arizona 15-2 26-4
UCLA 13-3 26-3
California 10-6 19-9
Utah 9-7 18-10
USC 8-8 21-8

As for the Big XII:

Kansas 14-2 26-3
West Virginia 11-5 23-6
Iowa State 11-5 19-9
Baylor 10-6 23-6
Oklahoma State 9-7 20-9

You did alot of research unfortunately I think its off. First of all at large teams are never a 14-16 seed. This year a lot of mid majors will make it as the power conferences are down. M Tennessee did enough to not win tourney and get in as long as they win out n lose in finals. I'd bet money on it!

You did alot of research unfortunately I think its off. First of all at large teams are never a 14-16 seed. This year a lot of mid majors will make it as the power conferences are down. M Tennessee did enough to not win tourney and get in as long as they win out n lose in finals. I'd bet money on it!

I'll take that bet as well. I know for sure JCorona won't take that bet though. lol

I dont think so. A very interesting scenario would be if mt and UTA both lost in their conference tournaments. UTA has the better resume went out an beat st marys at home. Sadly i dont think either gets an at large bid.

The thing is, "Middle Tennessee" does not sound like a real university. Is there any other directional university that starts with "Middle"? Middle Michigan? No. Middle North Carolina? God no. Middle Texas? And look at Oklahoma - they have all sorts of directionals: Southwestern Oklahoma! Southeastern Oklahoma! Northwestern Oklahoma! Northeastern Oklahoma! But Middle Oklahoma? Oh, hell no. And Northwestern State University doesn't even bother to list their state (Louisiana)! Southwest Texas State even saw the light and changed to Texas State - for all the good that it did them. None of these places have BB teams on the NCAAs radar.

No, MTSU needs to win the tournament to get a bid.

lieb

Bracketology has M. Tennessee in as a #10 seed. Usually that's a good sign. If they were a #13 seed or higher then we could see they weren't really thought of very highly even winning the tourney. They have some good wins, Utep loss is looking a little better. If they win out til tourney and someone else like Utep wins, they get an at large, No Doubt!

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Bracketology has M. Tennessee in as a #10 seed. Usually that's a good sign. If they were a #13 seed or higher then we could see they weren't really thought of very highly even winning the tourney. They have some good wins, Utep loss is looking a little better. If they win out til tourney and someone else like Utep wins, they get an at large, No Doubt!

No doubt? I've been watching NCAA Selection Sunday for over three decades, and sorry, but if you are a mid-major on the bubble, there is always doubt. Middle Tennessee has had a fantastic season, and I hope that they get an at large bid should they lose next week, but a couple of bad non-conference losses (Tennessee State and Georgia State at home), and a bad on paper conference loss (us), might over shadow their quality wins and strong out of conference strength of schedule in the eyes of the committee. If I was a MTSU fan I would be nervous up until the time I saw the school's name on the selection show.

If Utep somehow wins, though I didn't think of this earlier, but tahtd be 2 losses to the Miners and could really hurt. So now I'm on the fence 50/50 chance I'd say. Not so confident if its Utep who hands them a loss in the final, but who care I'd be happy if that happens!

Florida State 11-5 23-6
Louisville 11-5 23-6
Notre Dame 11-5 22-7
Duke 10-6 22-7
Miami 10-6 20-8
Virginia Tech 9-7 20-8
Virginia 9-7 19-9

Then you have the SEC:

Kentucky 14-2 24-5
Florida 13-3 23-6
Arkansas 11-5 22-7
South Carolina 11-5 21-8
Ole Miss 9-7 18-11

Oregon 15-2 26-4
Arizona 15-2 26-4
UCLA 13-3 26-3
California 10-6 19-9
Utah 9-7 18-10
USC 8-8 21-8

As for the Big XII:

Kansas 14-2 26-3
West Virginia 11-5 23-6
Iowa State 11-5 19-9
Baylor 10-6 23-6
Oklahoma State 9-7 20-9

I'll borrow from a Chris Rock joke. When you're in a Major Conference, the sky is the limit. When you're in a Mid Major conference, the limit is the sky.

Reactions: liebestraum
We all seem to assume MT will make the championship game. Since the start of the current CUSA lineup three years ago the #1 seed has only made the final once. A 26 win LT team in El Paso. They were left out.

LT had more quality wins than MT does. Having beat a #94, @#26, #70, #61 and #34. They had a bad loss to #227.

Comparing that team with the current MT it looks like this. Wins over #37, #48 and #58 and a bad loss to #245.

Conference RPI was #13 during that season. Currently sitting at #24.

IF they make it to the championship game nothing is guaranteed as a member of CUSA.

By all means I want CUSA to get two bids. One for us one and for them. Sadly an at large history in not in CUSA side.

What's your obsession with me? Get my last name out of your head it's creepy.

I just call you out because you are too scared to bet me any money. You like to act tough and then when you are asked to put your money where your mouth is you run away like a scared child. I know people like you in real life and you people make me laugh because at the end of the day you are just somebody who is all talk and no action.

Middle Tennessee has had a fantastic season, and I hope that they get an at large bid should they lose next week, but a couple of bad non-conference losses (Tennessee State and Georgia State at home),

Tennessee State is 17-12 and Georgia State is 18-10. Those aren't bad losses.

I just call you out because you are too scared to bet me any money. You like to act tough and then when you are asked to put your money where your mouth is you run away like a scared child. I know people like you in real life and you people make me laugh because at the end of the day you are just somebody who is all talk and no action.
Ok I woke up this morning to read the comments and I see you mentioning my name on a couple of threads. I made you aware of the bet. Originally a one month ban. You agreed to it. Then we moved it up to a one year ban. You agreed to it. No money was ever mentioned on my part. After you agreed to the original wager then you decided to bring money into the conversation. Once again I'm not scared to bet money I choose not to. Stick with facts please not opinions.

I haven't ran away like a "scared child" I'm still here responding to your immature name calling posts. This is real life right now. Don't know what fantasy world you live in. I don't know people like you outside of the Internet because I stay away from such individuals. The old saying "Tell me thy company, and I'll tell thee what thou art." At the end of the day I will leave this board if Vegas 16 has gone under. I'm not all talk no action.

Ok I woke up this morning to read the comments and I see you mentioning my name on a couple of threads. I made you aware of the bet. Originally a one month ban. You agreed to it. Then we moved it up to a one year ban. You agreed to it. No money was ever mentioned on my part. After you agreed to the original wager then you decided to bring money into the conversation. Once again I'm not scared to bet money I choose not to. Stick with facts please not opinions.

I haven't ran away like a "scared child" I'm still here responding to your immature name calling posts. This is real life right now. Don't know what fantasy world you live in. I don't know people like you outside of the Internet because I stay away from such individuals. The old saying "Tell me thy company, and I'll tell thee what thou art." At the end of the day I will leave this board if Vegas 16 has gone under. I'm not all talk no action.

"I choose not to". What a cop out.

Of course you stay away from individuals like me because you don't know how to debate and you like to act tough and then when you are called out you make excuses.

"I choose not to". What a cop out.

Of course you stay away from individuals like me because you don't know how to debate and you like to act tough and then when you are called out you make excuses.
I'm not on this forum to debate. I'm here to talk with fellow Miner fans about UTEP.

If you want to bet money ok I'll do it under the condition that you publicly provide your real name, phone number and address.

I'm not on this forum to debate. I'm here to talk with fellow Miner fans about UTEP.

If you want to bet money ok I'll do it under the condition that you publicly provide your real name, phone number and address.

I'm on here to talk, discuss, and debate when necessary.

Wow, talking about a stalker!

You're still too scared and you keep making up excuses to hide your insecurities.

I'm on here to talk, discuss, and debate when necessary.

Wow, talking about a stalker!

You're still too scared and you keep making up excuses to hide your insecurities.
Tha ball is in your hands bob. If you want to bet money there it is. Provide your info so I can collect if I win the bet. You sound like a broken record pick up a thesaurus and expand your vocabulary.

Tha ball is in your hands bob. If you want to bet money there it is. Provide your info so I can collect if I win the bet. You sound like a broken record pick up a thesaurus and expand your vocabulary.

You don't need to know my name, phone number, and address to win a bet. You don't even need to provide that information when you bet in Vegas. I was going to pay you via Paypal if I lost and vice versa.

Try again stalker. Not surprised you're still too scared to bet me.

You don't need to know my name, phone number, and address to win a bet. You don't even need to provide that information when you bet in Vegas. I was going to pay you via Paypal if I lost and vice versa.

Try again stalker. Not surprised you're still too scared to bet me.
Given your history on this message board that is my requirement to make a money bet with you. Take it or leave it. I don't want to hear your excuses.

Use this link to use other words besides "scared"
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/scared

Go wild with the name calling and immature trolling. I'm done for today I'm on the way to pick up a lady for a dinner date. I don't need you writing back acting like my crazy but intellegent ex wife.

I quickly stopped clicking on the 'political dystopia' thread because of the incessant back and forth. This thread was started by unihorn, who posed a legit question. Now this thread has devolved into the same cesspool as the afore mentioned. Please STOP littering every thread with this ongoing bullshit. It's getting old.

Create an OT thread, or something like that, and title it appropriately, so that people have the choice as to whether they are going to read the nonsense. Thanks ahead of time.

Given your history on this message board that is my requirement to make a money bet with you. Take it or leave it. I don't want to hear your excuses.

Use this link to use other words besides "scared"
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/scared

Go wild with the name calling and immature trolling. I'm done for today I'm on the way to pick up a lady for a dinner date. I don't need you writing back acting like my crazy but intellegent ex wife.

What history? Why would I give you my personal information on a message board? Only stupid people do that. I'll tell you what, first you have to provide all of that information plus your Driver's License Number and Mother's Maiden Name. Of course you're not going to provide that because that is a stupid thing to ask somebody on a message board.

Have fun with the money you would have lost on this bet and paying for the lady you are going to pick up.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I'll implore all members of this board once again, don't reply to El Paso sports fan, and you'll see a much better flow to all threads. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Don't take the bait. JCorona, screw the bet. You owe the lying fool nothing. Vegas tourney or no Vegas tourney, music,chi,05, fan lies Every time he logs on. There is not one bone of credibility in him. Just ignore and don't reply to him. You will never ever have the last word. Example on its way.

I'll implore all members of this board once again, don't reply to El Paso sports fan, and you'll see a much better flow to all threads. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Don't take the bait. JCorona, screw the bet. You owe the lying fool nothing. Vegas tourney or no Vegas tourney, music,chi,05, fan lies Every time he logs on. There is not one bone of credibility in him. Just ignore and don't reply to him. You will never ever have the last word. Example on its way.

The bait? JCorona was the one who brought up the bet and then ran away when I wanted to bet $$.

I would ask you about what I've lied about and why you say I don't have any credibility, but I know of course you can never explain yourself and never have anything important to add so I would be wasting my breath.

All I ever hear from you are accusations with no facts, you thinking about me jerking off (which is very gross), and then of course you go on your crying spells on telling others to not respond to me.

Not alot of homework, just copy and pasted from ESPN..lol.

You are right about the seeding, no disagreement there. I just think MTSU needs to win the conference tourney. CUSA is just to weak and the UTEP loss versus say a loss to UAB is not good to the selection committee. MTSU went down to the wrong team at the wrong time this late in the season. Just like Gonzaga's one loss to BYU knocked them out of a possible #1 seed; it came at the wrong time.

You're correct. bob didn't honor the bans from the administration so there is a 99% chance it wouldn't honor this one either.

Screw you bob and the friendly bet. I'm so "scared" I'm "running away" from the bet. Putting your trolling candy a$$ on ignore and applying my own personal ban on you.

Don't respond you're going to look foolish talking to yourself. Or have the last word I don't give a flying f.

MTSU still not a lock or a team that should be in according to ESPN.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bubblewatch?src=desktop

Not only do they have to make the championship game they must be careful who they lose to. If a team other than LT (118), Marshall (124) or ODU (131) beat them they are in trouble.

The bait? JCorona was the one who brought up the bet and then ran away when I wanted to bet $$.

I would ask you about what I've lied about and why you say I don't have any credibility, but I know of course you can never explain yourself and never have anything important to add so I would be wasting my breath.

All I ever hear from you are accusations with no facts, you thinking about me jerking off (which is very gross), and then of course you go on your crying spells on telling others to not respond to me.
Hey you maroon, the jerk off thing? First off, I don't think of you jerking off, however, as El Paso SportsFan, I've never directed a comment in that manner to you. However, as Chihuahuas and Utep 05 I did. So with your accusation you've basically admitted you've been all those characters. Not that there was any doubt. Just thought you'd like to know, now go ahead, deny and cry.

Hey you.

Hey you maroon, the jerk off thing? First off, I don't think of you jerking off, however, as El Paso SportsFan, I've never directed a comment in that manner to you. However, as Chihuahuas and Utep 05 I did. So with your accusation you've basically admitted you've been all those characters. Not that there was any doubt. Just thought you'd like to know, now go ahead, deny and cry.

I'm a marroon now.

Either way you admitted to those comments.

You made these comments two days ago: "Umm it was you who accused me of jibberish, guess that makes you a liberal too? My last word, go ahead and shoot your wad again."

Then you have the SEC:

Kentucky 14-2 24-5
Florida 13-3 23-6
Arkansas 11-5 22-7
South Carolina 11-5 21-8
Ole Miss 9-7 18-11

Normally I would agree with you, as years past, I would have thought no way they get in but Lunardi has Vandy as a last 4 in. Vandy got beat by MTSU by over 20 points, and as you said, they also beat Ole Miss. If they invite Vandy or Ole Miss over MTSU, saying MTSU only loses one game the rest of the season (in the finals of the tournament), there should be a riot.
If Ole Miss and Vandy don't get in, then MTSU may get shafted because I don't think you can put in either without putting MTSU in.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT