ADVERTISEMENT

Miners will start 1-4

I no longer have anything positive to say about this team, the QB Dimel, etc .. I concede, this season that had hope is a sinking ship and hopefully Dimel is gone by at the end!
Senter won't fire Dimel, he's incompetent. He would remind you tonight that if Dimel wins the next 32 in a row he will have a .500 career coaching record. That excites Jim.

Where are the 6 win posters now?
29 of 32 voters chose at least 6 wins. I haven’t looked at the whole thread, but @JCorona said 5 wins or less. I thought this team would be at least as “good” as last year, but they have already lost to UNT and UNM, which I thought they would win.

29 of 32 voters chose at least 6 wins. I haven’t looked at the whole thread, but @JCorona said 5 wins or less. I thought this team would be at least as “good” as last year, but they have already lost to UNT and UNM, which I thought they would win.

I said 5 wins and we haven't lost any game that I originally thought we would win. But I must admit, I now have a hard time seeing 5 unless there's a come to Jesus moment with this offense. We have too many guys not competing every play. Some of these starters need to get benched send a message to the rest of the offense.

Losing Cowing was a bigger loss than people expected. With Hardison going deep every other throw Cowing would have come down with a couple. He would have probably kept some of these sad drives alive on his own.

I thought we would win 7 or 8. Really drank the Kool Aid on Hardison and the Running backs. Thought depth and experience was the best its been in years.

I thought Dimel had the program trending in the right direction. But there is something obviously wrong currently. I wouldn't say this is bad as Kugler's last year, but its not much better.

I think I voted six wins expecting to beat NMSU and UNM plus four of Charlotte/FIU/LaTech/Rice/UNT/MTSU. Needless to say I’ll need to revise that thought since we might only get to three wins this year with Charlotte and FIU.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I think I voted six wins expecting to beat NMSU and UNM plus four of Charlotte/FIU/LaTech/Rice/UNT/MTSU. Needless to say I’ll need to revise that thought since we might only get to three wins this year with Charlotte and FIU.
Didn't Charlotte just dominate a sun belt team? Seems they are improved. They are going to destroy us

Rice looks improved. I still think the Miners could beat FIU and Charlotte. Also probably one of FAU or MTSU because they’re home games. MTSU is playing a lot better since they got beat up by JMU in week 1 though.

It’s all hypothetical, but he’s the one major contributor on offense that’s missing from last year. He’s a reliable set of hands, something these wide receivers lack.
Having a guy like Cowing would be a big plus. However, he wouldn't fix the inability to run the ball. The offense is completely one dimensional; and unfortunately, that one dimension is also super inefficient and ineffective. There really isn't any excuse for this level of ineptitude offensively with so many players back, and in Dimel's 5th year.

I thought we would win 7 or 8. Really drank the Kool Aid on Hardison and the Running backs. Thought depth and experience was the best its been in years.

I thought Dimel had the program trending in the right direction. But there is something obviously wrong currently. I wouldn't say this is bad as Kugler's last year, but its not much better.
Pretty much thought for thought, I felt the same way.

Having a guy like Cowing would be a big plus. However, he wouldn't fix the inability to run the ball. The offense is completely one dimensional; and unfortunately, that one dimension is also super inefficient and ineffective. There really isn't any excuse for this level of ineptitude offensively with so many players back, and in Dimel's 5th year.

I disagree. I said after last weeks game vs NMSU, The Aggies put their deepest guy on Defense at 8-10 yards. And when they did that, the Miners went 0-9 on 3rd down and had only 2 first downs.

The threat of Cowing at the very least backed up the secondary and created more space on the field. With a box safety on Defense, there is an extra man to account for in run block schemes

I disagree. I said after last weeks game vs NMSU, The Aggies put their deepest guy on Defense at 8-10 yards. And when they did that, the Miners went 0-9 on 3rd down and had only 2 first downs.

The threat of Cowing at the very least backed up the secondary and created more space on the field. With a box safety on Defense, there is an extra man to account for in run block schemes
Fair enough kickballpro. No doubt Cowing is a difference maker talent wise, especially at this level. It is unfortunate Dimel has been unable to either recruit anywhere near replacement talent, or scheme around the guys he did bring in.

I said 5 wins and we haven't lost any game that I originally thought we would win. But I must admit, I now have a hard time seeing 5 unless there's a come to Jesus moment with this offense. We have too many guys not competing every play. Some of these starters need to get benched send a message to the rest of the offense.
I posted in how bad will it get this year that 7-5 was a miracle and 5-7 was most likely. I used this website to back it up as it uses straight numbers for its predictions:
It now says 5-7 is a miracle and 3-9 is most likely.

Rice looks improved. I still think the Miners could beat FIU and Charlotte. Also probably one of FAU or MTSU because they’re home games. MTSU is playing a lot better since they got beat up by JMU in week 1 though.
Yea MTSU looked like an easy win, but now it seems like they’ve figured their offense out. Rice should be a win, but you can’t even assume that anymore. Seems like the only relatively sure win is FIU but even then who knows.

Cowing fell to us in a miracle (IIRC he was being recruited by UT but his HS messed up the transcript timing) and if Dimel can only hit 6/7 wins with generational talent, we need to consider moving on.

I posted in how bad will it get this year that 7-5 was a miracle and 5-7 was most likely. I used this website to back it up as it uses straight numbers for its predictions:
It now says 5-7 is a miracle and 3-9 is most likely.

I can't give up hope just yet, but realistically if Hardison doesn't all of a sudden become a different person, we have no hope. We don't really need him to be average per se, but it would nice be if he could get close to it.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Yea MTSU looked like an easy win, but now it seems like they’ve figured their offense out. Rice should be a win, but you can’t even assume that anymore. Seems like the only relatively sure win is FIU but even then who knows.

Cowing fell to us in a miracle (IIRC he was being recruited by UT but his HS messed up the transcript timing) and if Dimel can only hit 6/7 wins with generational talent, we need to consider moving on.
He never had an offer from any other school. UT was kicking the tires, but his small size coming out of high school was a real issue.

I pretty much have lost hope this year, based on Hardison's play and the play calling. With that said N.Texas did start 1-6 last year and turned it around. We're for sure starting off 1-4. Can they go 5-2 after that... It can be done, but this team doesn't look capable of that at all right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT