ADVERTISEMENT

More UTEP Football Drama

Which year will have more wins?

Votes: 8 47.1%

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
There are some crazy stats. I remember going into the season finale against Marshall in 2009 we had lost the previous 32 season finales in a row. Thats nuts. That day we curb stomped a bowl bound Marshall and they fired their coach in the locker room after the game. That was the last season finale we won until 2014. Kugler was able to win three season finale in a row 2014, 2015 2016. There are some crazy stats associated with this program. Lile you I would love to hear some perspective from former coaches. I would love to hear a roundtable discussion with Nord, Price and Kugler.
Nord would likely tell you he had recruited well and was about to win again when Stull pulled the plug on him. And he would probably be right.

It sounds ridiculous to say but that may be where we are with Dimel. We will find out because he does have next season to prove it.

Reactions: kickballpro
Nord would likely tell you he had recruited well and was about to win again when Stull pulled the plug on him. And he would probably be right.

To me that will always be the biggest what if question in UTEP sports. What happens if Nord gets his fifth year of five year plan? I think we might be in a completely different place as a program likely in the AAC or at the very least the Mountain West. He figured out the formula for recruiting to El Paso. Without Nord's players Price never had winning season at UTEP. If he stays we probably have four straight winning seasons and he would have got his dream job of Louisville after Perrine left in 2007. The crazy thing if He would have fired his coordinators Stull would have brought him back. He was loyal and when he refused to fire his coordinators Stull axed him. In hindsight he's the gold standard of modern day UTEP football coaches.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
It appears that Q. Workman, Skyler Newsome and even Jonathan Patrick are all back. It looks like all 3 of these underclassmen WR's just opted out last season.

Fields is graduated and gone. Q. Wadley is back.

The overall player retention looks to be solid. We also now might have as many as 14 O-lineman who I think might have some level of decent potential over their careers.

Not sure if Dimel's play-calling/schemes can optimize his talent, but I do believe that the roster is better today than when he inherited it. There will also be very few Seniors playing for us next year as well.

Last edited:
It appears that Q. Workman, Skyler Newsome and even Jonathan Patrick are all back. It looks like all 3 of these underclassmen WR's just opted out last season.

Fields is graduated and gone. Q. Wadley is back.

The overall player retention looks to be solid. We also now might have as many as 14 O-lineman who I think might have some level of decent potential over their careers.

Not sure if Dimel's play-calling/schemes can optimize his talent, but I do believe that the roster is better today than when he inherited it. There will also be very few Seniors playing for us next year as well.

Where did you see the updated roster? UTEP website doesn’t have upcoming seasons roster.

Is Walter Dawn back for his 10th year of eligibility? Lmfao

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT