ADVERTISEMENT

Murray State is Destroying Favored Tulsa at the Half

Apr 21, 2011
I was sure wrong about Murray State, and even more wrong about how well Tulsa would play against them in the NIT. I believe Tulsa is down by around twenty, and not looking like they have much chance of getting back into the game in the second half. it will be interesting to see how ODU and or LA TECH will do if they have an opportunity to play Murray State. UTEP ran into a very competent athletic team last Tuesday, and paid the price.

Re: La Tech and ODU advance to final 8

Originally posted by MINER63:
=
LaTech looked really good against TX A&M. ODU, from what I saw, looked decent at best. Murray State looked like they belong in the Big Tourney. Very efficient. Id like to see them and LaTech play. We just may get that chance.

Not really an excuse, but I believe the Miners had the chips stacked against them. They had a quick turn around travel wise and went up against a very good team that was upset and had a chip on their shoulder at their place. Stayed with em a half then got wore down, to be honest, I don't think many top 25 teams would've made it out of that building with a win. I think Murray St will give ODU their first home loss in awhile. With that said Conference USA will have two legitimate possible at large teams in UAB and ODU next year, and hoping Utep joins the party and El Paso gets tourney next year!

If Murray State had made the tournament in ucla's place, as I believe they should have, and deserved to...I think they would be sitting exactly where ucla is sitting right now, but wouldn't have needed a blown goal-tending call to get there. Also, watching the game last night, hearing talk about the fantastic shooting guard, Payne, being recruited by only one other small school before Murray State offered late. Thats the hit and miss aspect about recruiting, you just never know.

This post was edited on 3/24 5:30 PM by allminer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT