ADVERTISEMENT

NAU is 2-9...

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
...with wins over Benedictine Mesa (?) and Alabama State.

Will we chop down the mighty Lumberjacks at home Saturday?

Maryland Eastern Shore is 1-9. UTEP SHOULD easily get by these teams. The sad part is I don't have any confidence that they will win or barely win.

I wouldnt bet the house on this bunch, realtimerpi if projecting a 3-25 combined record and a 2-16 conference record for UTEP basketball. UTEP is now scraping the bottom of the barrel in men's BB and FB. With only three potential wins in men's BB, a change would have to be made.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_425_Men.html
We would go and beat MTSU thereby eliminating any small chance of them getting an at large bid.

With FlojoFloyd's salary exceeding $600,000 per year, a three win season this year would mean BSBobStull would be paying more than $200,000 per win. That is one lousy return on investment!

Reactions: UTEP05
With FlojoFloyd's salary exceeding $600,000 per year, a three win season this year would mean BSBobStull would be paying more than $200,000 per win. That is one lousy return on investment!
Heres a thought. At 200k per win, pay him 5 million. That's 25 wins for you Liberal Arts majors

Reactions: UTEP05
I remember when there were serious, break'em down by the stats and matchup banter within this forum and now it's down to this.

I remember when there were serious, break'em down by the stats and matchup banter within this forum and now it's down to this.

Ok, let's talk hoops:

I thought it was interesting that the pre-game quotes from the players indicated Floyd is focusing on defense as the key to turning the season around:

"Coach has been telling us we are making enough offensive plays," Willms said. "We've scored enough to win games..."

Clearly, the stats show this team is struggling mightily on the defensive end, but too many times offensive plays aren't finished with points. Just finding a defensive identity isn't going to get it done, is it?

Reactions: mikesarabia
Ok, let's talk hoops:

I thought it was interesting that the pre-game quotes from the players indicated Floyd is focusing on defense as the key to turning the season around:

"Coach has been telling us we are making enough offensive plays," Willms said. "We've scored enough to win games..."

Clearly, the stats show this team is struggling mightily on the defensive end, but too many times offensive plays aren't finished with points. Just finding a defensive identity isn't going to get it done, is it?
Agree! The team is missing waaay too many easy shots close to the basket.

Reactions: UTEP05 and unihorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT