ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAM Portal thread.

Lamar star freshman guard Nate Calmese plans to enter the NCAA transfer portal, he told On3.

Calmese says he plans to officially enter the portal on March 13th, when the transfer portal window officially opens for undergraduate players, per rules.

The 6-foot-2, 164-pound guard originally from Gilbert, Arizona averaged 17.6 points, 2.5 rebounds. and 2.0 assists while shooting 48.1% from the field.

Lamar freshman

Last season, Miller appeared in 30 games and got the start in 28. He averaged 13.1 points per game and 4.6 assists. He led the Chippewas in points with 394 and assists with 139 and was named to the MAC All-Freshman Team following the 2021-22 season.

Reactions: axingfools1

March 7, 2023
Anderson is slated to transfer from UC San Diego, Jeff Goodman of Stadium reports.
ANALYSIS
Anderson, who averaged 13.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game across 30 matchups (27 starts) suited up for as a freshman, is in line to relocate elsewhere next season following Tuesday's announcement. Given how the 6-foot-2 guard performed throughout his first collegiate campaign, he could easily draw interest from some power-five programs while in the transfer portal.

Sophomore point guard Hysier Miller (Temple) will also enter the transfer portal.

• PTS

• REB

• AST

• FG%

Senior Grad transfer. Delaware star guard Jameer Nelson Jr., son of the former Saint Joseph's star and NBA veteran, entered the transfer portal Tuesday morning. Blue Hens coach Martin Ingelsby confirmed the news in a statement. "Jameer has been a great ambassador for our basketball program," Ingelsby said.

Nelson, a 6-foot-1 guard who began his career at George Washington, was one of the best mid-major players in the country this season and will be one of the most sought-after players in the portal. He averaged 20.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists this season, earning first-team All-CAA honors.

Brycen Long combo guard enters the TP.

BRYCENLONG​

Houston Christian Huskies

FOLLOW
  • CLASS
    Junior
  • HT/WT
    6' 2", 175 lbs
  • BIRTHPLACE
    Gilbert, AZ

2022-23 SEASON STATS​

• PTS

• REB

• AST

• FG%

These all seem like good transfers. Is there any realistic options for us? Maybe like a guy that averaged 4 points a game and 2 boards. Oh look, here’s one for Golding!

I dunno, who's entering the portal from Alaska Anchorage?
These all seem like good transfers. Is there any realistic options for us? Maybe like a guy that averaged 4 points a game and 2 boards. Oh look, here’s one for Golding!

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP
I feel like Sibley will be gone and become successful at his next stop. I kinda hope he stays and just had a sophmore slump.
I don't think that is going to happen. He just doesn't have it. Whether it's confidence or the ability to play like a dog or strength. Whatever it is, it seems like a mental thing that he will never get over.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don't think that is going to happen. He just doesn't have it. Whether it's confidence or the ability to play like a dog or strength. Whatever it is, it seems like a mental thing that he will never get over.
Yeah if it's a mental thing then maybe the best thing would be to get a fresh start somewhere else. I just thought he had so much potential after his freshman season.

He had a better cast around him his freshman year.
Definitely. The attempted move to the three was a mistake as well. Offensively, he lacks the ball skills to be a 3. He was never comfortable in that role. I thought he would look better taking up some of dos Anjos' minutes late in the season, but he still looked completely lost. He went from a guy with potential as a freshman, to a guy who was nearly unplayable a year later. Some of the blame needs to fall on the coaching staff.

Definitely. The attempted move to the three was a mistake as well. Offensively, he lacks the ball skills to be a 3. He was never comfortable in that role. I thought he would look better taking up some of dos Anjos' minutes late in the season, but he still looked completely lost. He went from a guy with potential as a freshman, to a guy who was nearly unplayable a year later. Some of the blame needs to fall on the coaching staff.
Yep. Went from a shot blocking stretch 4 shooting 35% from 3 to nada pretty quick. He should go back to the 4, but he he would have to battle with Jones for playing time.

You’re forgetting about the Miner NIL Collective! Which wasn’t around last year and the reason why we had shitty players this year! Though NMSU and SHSU also have collectives. Hopefully ours is better though!

I still don't see Germany coming here. He's got skills and Golding has yet to prove he can recruit with or without a NIL.

The team last season wasn't too bad. Definitely wasn't UTSA bad. And I think Xavier fans can expect to get really good players as Miller does recruit well.

It's a bigger jump to go from UTEP to Xavier than from UTSA to UTEP.

I am sure most Xavier fans had no clue who Boum was and didn't know about UTEP.

You're telling me we can't convince a guy from Houston Christian to transfer to UTEP? Damn, we're ****ed.

1. PG Taran Armstrong (Cal Baptist)​

Height/weight: 6-6/190
Year: Sophomore
High school: NBA Global Academy (Australia)
Friday’s 2023 On3 Portal Ranking: No. 2

2022-23 stats: 11.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 44.8% FG

Notes: Taran Armstrong is originally from Tasmania, Australia. Out of the NBA Global Academy, Armstrong chose Cal Baptist over Rutgers. He was last year’s WAC Rookie of the Year and second-team All-WAC this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT