ADVERTISEMENT

New Ticket Sales/Marketing Resource Partnership

1KiddMiner

Rookie
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Reactions: JCorona
Maybe this new partnership will clear up all the issues UTEP has had with Marketing/Ticket Sales that everyone has complained about. Hopefully, the issue of online viewership concerns will be addressed next.

I would hope this is a result of the committee Senter put together and if so then kudos to him. We shall see.

https://utepminers.com/news/2020/7/17/general-utep-athletics-partners-with-the-aspire-group.aspx

Anytime you outsource something, it’s about saving money. UTEP decided to hire this company, rather than pay wages/benefits for those positions. It must be cheaper to pay the company, who does the hiring/firing than have their own internal staff.

Remains to be seen if this will be positive, but these are extremely tough jobs at the moment. COVID and poor performing teams aren’t exactly a great recipe for ticket sales.

Don’t get it twisted though, this isn’t about customer service or “problems”, it’s about saving money.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
At the very least, UTEP saw a problem and addressed it. It maybe a cost savings move, but what they have been doing for the last 3 decades hasn’t worked. Changes come slow to UTEP.

What were the exact problems they were having? Is this company going to solve long walk up lines? No. UTEP isn’t increasing the size of the ticket centers. We’re still probably going to be dealing with Ticketmaster, which is the real problem. You look at buying $10 tickets and they’re $18 when you check out because of bullshit fees.

GT was the first school to jump on this train about a decade ago. It has worked for them since 11 years later they’re still working together. A lot of other P5 programs have joined Aspire after seeing the success GT experienced.

This a good move for UTEP.

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
At the very least, UTEP saw a problem and addressed it. It maybe a cost savings move, but what they have been doing for the last 3 decades hasn’t worked. Changes come slow to UTEP.
Aspire works off commission. This isn’t about saving money, it’s about creating more revenue.

So UTEP is incapable of hiring a whole new staff on their own and implementing new techniques and creating more revenue on their own?
Probably. If I run a failing business and I see other similar businesses using a company that has increased their sales, I would be an idiot to not look into them.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Probably. If I run a failing business and I see other similar businesses using a company that has increased their sales, I would be an idiot to not look into them.

There’s some validity to that. However, if the overall cost was more, they wouldn’t do it. It’s about money. You can spin it anyway you want, it’s about saving money.

There’s some validity to that. However, if the overall cost was more, they wouldn’t do it. It’s about money. You can spin it anyway you want, it’s about saving money.
It’s about making money. GT made an additional 1.2 million in new ticket sales during their first year in partnership while only having to pay Aspire a 33% fee of that money. That’s not saving money, that’s called making money.

It’s about making money. GT made an additional 1.2 million in new ticket sales during their first year in partnership while only having to pay Aspire a 33% fee of that money. That’s not saving money, that’s called making money.

What year was that?

Again, GT is/was incapable of doing it themselves?

What year was that?

Again, GT is/was incapable of doing it themselves?
That was their first year and 11 years later they’re still in business together.

Obviously they were leaving money on the table every year. Instead of losing that 1.2 million in extra sales they rather hire a company for under 400k and keep the 800k profit. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to understand that outside firms can be more profitable and professional that your in house staff.

I don’t expect those same numbers at UTEP. If this helps us make any sort of extra money while only paying a percentage of it, I don’t see why there’s any objections.

That was their first year and 11 years later they’re still in business together.

Obviously they were leaving money on the table every year. Instead of losing that 1.2 million in extra sales they rather hire a company for under 400k and keep the 800k profit. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to understand that outside firms can be more profitable and professional that your in house staff.

I don’t expect those same numbers at UTEP. If this helps us make any sort of extra money while only paying a percentage of it, I don’t see why there’s any objections.

Wow in 2009, GT won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl. I’m sure all the profit was all the changes Aspire made though....:rolleyes:

I’m more concerned with the problems that KiddMiner said in the first post. What problems?

Wow in 2009, GT won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl. I’m sure all the profit was all the changes Aspire made though....:rolleyes:

I’m more concerned with the problems that KiddMiner said in the first post. What problems?
Nothing UTEP does is ever good in your eyes. Even if they only make an extra profit of 10k how is that not a positive? They get bashed for not doing promotions and having fan friendly deals. They hire a company that specializes in that and now they get bashed because they’re not addressing other problems. Sheesh dude. You’re toxic.

Nothing UTEP does is ever good in your eyes. Even if they only make an extra profit of 10k how is that not a positive? They get bashed for not doing promotions and having fan friendly deals. They hire a company that specializes in that and now they get bashed because they’re not addressing other problems. Sheesh dude. You’re toxic.

I said it was about saving money and interested in what problems the OP is talking about. I am not bashing them, but saying GTech did so great with them the first year, is giving Aspire full credit, when the football team won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl. Their last conference title and first in 11 years, but it was the ticketing company responsible for the bump in revenue. Okay.

I said it was about saving money and interested in what problems the OP is talking about. I am not bashing them, but saying GTech did so great with them the first year, is giving Aspire full credit, when the football team won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl. Their last conference title and first in 11 years, but it was the ticketing company responsible for the bump in revenue. Okay.
You’re wrong it’s about making extra money.

I don’t give them full credit for that first season. That’s the only numbers I could find. If GT didn’t benefit in their relationship with Aspire it wouldn’t have lasted 11+ years.

Look at the work they’ve done for other clients. They specialize in increasing ticket sales and revenue.

This could increase sales or it could result in nothing. I like that UTEP is trying. I give them credit for recognizing there is a problem and making moves to correct it.

Exactly!!! It's not like fans are going to jump to buy tickets now.

You’re wrong it’s about making extra money.

I don’t give them full credit for that first season. That’s the only numbers I could find. If GT didn’t benefit in their relationship with Aspire it wouldn’t have lasted 11+ years.

Look at the work they’ve done for other clients. They specialize in increasing ticket sales and revenue.

This could increase sales or it could result in nothing. I like that UTEP is trying. I give them credit for recognizing there is a problem and making moves to correct it.

Saving money is “making extra money”. Like I said above, COVID and team performance is a more important factor than whatever it is they do differently. Good luck to them.

I was reading some reviews about the Aspire group, some good and some bad. One review that I thought was interesting is the salary is between $20-$25k and it's a high pressure job with no benefits.

This company basically had each employee make dozens of calls each day. I wonder what their sales pitch is going to be. Will they be offering discounts, promotions, etc? It's interesting to see if this company will be a good or bad thing for UTEP.

Saving money is “making extra money”. Like I said above, COVID and team performance is a more important factor than whatever it is they do differently. Good luck to them.
In my experience saving money is completely different from hiring a firm to increase your sales. But ok.

You do realize that an increase in sales doesn't necessarily mean an increase in profit?

Nobody cares about sales. They care about profits.
Thanks for the business lesson.

Look at their past work and their client list. They wouldn’t be in business if they didn’t produce results.

I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to work at UTEP but it’s a good step for the university.

In my experience saving money is completely different from hiring a firm to increase your sales. But ok.

If you have a $400 a month car payment and you finish paying it off, you can allocate that $400 elsewhere. To your savings, another bill, etc. You could also get a new car for $380 a month and still be “making money”. If you spend less, you end up with more.

If you decide to spend less money and end the year with $1,000 in profit, is it any different than spending more and still coming out ahead $1,000 in profit? No.

I was reading some reviews about the Aspire group, some good and some bad. One review that I thought was interesting is the salary is between $20-$25k and it's a high pressure job with no benefits.

Exactly. UTEP kicked their tenured people making a lot more money to the curb to save a few bucks.

I don’t care who is selling them, you’re not finding people to pay $14 to see UTEP vs UTSA on a Thursday night with .500 records. You’re not finding people to pay $10 to see a 1-8 UTEP team take the field versus a CUSA opponent at 130pm on November 10th.

Not only that, I read their job opening and they’re requiring a bachelors degree for $20-25k work, GTFO! That tells you all you need to know about them.

Exactly. UTEP kicked their tenured people making a lot more money to the curb to save a few bucks.

I don’t care who is selling them, you’re not finding people to pay $14 to see UTEP vs UTSA on a Thursday night with .500 records. You’re not finding people to pay $10 to see a 1-8 UTEP team take the field versus a CUSA opponent at 130pm on November 10th.

Yep. People making peanuts isn't going to sell more tickets. I really hope I'm wrong!

You two should start your own company and become millionaires. You’re a lot smarter than everyone else.

This company must be valuable to college athletic departments to have clients like Clemson, GT, Purdue, and many others. Hope they do a good job for UTEP. Saving money and making more money. Sounds good to me.

After reading the replies I gather some of them where replies to some of which I have on ignore. We all know the shortcomings that have plagued the University, but why attack a positive? Why respond to them guys...they are trolls are they not? Anyway, what about the online viewing? Is this partnership a result of the committee? I would hope so.

After reading the replies I gather some of them where replies to some of which I have on ignore. We all know the shortcomings that have plagued the University, but why attack a positive? Why respond to them guys...they are trolls are they not? Anyway, what about the online viewing? Is this partnership a result of the committee? I would hope so.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Too funny!!

Not only that, I read their job opening and they’re requiring a bachelors degree for $20-25k work, GTFO! That tells you all you need to know about them.
Not really. If Clemson, GT, Purdue and many others outsource to them I think UTEP probably made a good decision. Time will tell but the company they keep sounds pretty damn good.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT