ADVERTISEMENT

New Ticket Sales/Marketing Resource Partnership

Reactions: Autograph Boy
There is nothing wrong with having this job after graduating from college, but an entry level job out of college normally isn't working the phones. That's what people do while going to college or high school.
That’s the life some people sign up for. They can use that experience to get a job as a sales/service consultant for a better company and make double to triple their salary. Guess what they’ll be doing at their new job? On the phone for 60-80 calls.

Same exact job as the low paying call centers in El Paso. But since you have a degree you can end up making a lot more money.

I imagine the people working at Aspire want to break into the sports world. This is an opportunity for them. If they take advantage of it and do well they’ll make money.

That’s the life some people sign up for. They can use that experience to get a job as a sales/service consultant for a better company and make double to triple their salary. Guess what they’ll be doing at their new job? On the phone for 60-80 calls.

Same exact job as the low paying call centers in El Paso. But since you have a degree you can end up making a lot more money.

I imagine the people working at Aspire want to break into the sports world. This is an opportunity for them. If they take advantage of it and do well they’ll make money.

Again, I am not knocking the job. All I am saying it it would suck to go to college for 4 years and work at a call center job with no benefits.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Bitch, Bitch,Bitch, if Utep beat Alabama some you would complain cause we didn’t beat them by enough!

Didn’t say they would ever beat Bama, only that you would bitch if we ever did, or ever did anything good. With our current AD department I don’t know if that will ever happen.

Didn’t say they would ever beat Bama, only that you would bitch if we ever did, or ever did anything good. With our current AD department I don’t know if that will ever happen.

I actually wouldn’t and I am extremely happy anytime the Miners beat big teams. Since they don’t, you don’t see it.

Again, I am not knocking the job. All I am saying it it would suck to go to college for 4 years and work at a call center job with no benefits.
The jobs has benefits. It’s listed on the job posting.

I think it would suck to go to college for four years and make under 60k a year. That’s just me. To each their own.

I think it would suck to go to college for four years and make under 60k a year. That’s just me. To each their own.

Depending on location. There’s nothing wrong with starting at 30-35k right after college, assuming no experience, entry level etc. But 25k is another story, especially for sales. Typically sales jobs were for those who didn’t attend college. Nothing wrong with that. There’s lots of successful real estate, car salesmen, and other sales job that do very well.

Requiring a bachelors for 25k a year is ridiculous!

“The Aspire Group was my first job out of college as a sports management major and I was extremely happy with my experience working there.

There is a clear & dedicated effort to develop and retain employees. A great leadership team provides relationship-driven sales training that is transferable into other jobs. Not one of those door-to-door sales jobs, you will be at your desk a majority of the day or meeting with clients that you have scheduled. Reasonable starting salary with realistic commission goals (I made a commission on more than half of my paychecks).

Most entry-levels start off selling tickets for NCAA teams/events or pro teams so its a great way to get your foot in the door. Yes, this means LOTS of cold calls but Aspire provides an environment where you won't absolutely hate knocking out 70-100 phone calls a day. You will have your own desk and can make yourself at home. A majority of your entry-level colleagues are going to be young, energetic recent college grads that you will want to hang out with after work. Your progress is accurately measured (talk time, total revenue, % to goal, etc) and results are posted right next to your colleagues to inspire competition. There is always some kind of sales contest, guest speaker, catered lunch, or an appearance from the CEO Bernie Mullin (one of the coolest people in sports and is an absolute sports marketing genius). Don't be thrown off by the "cold calling", they will train you to be an expert on the phone and working in a room full of people your age makes the day a lot less dull.

One of the best entry-level jobs for a sports management major right out of college.”

Depending on location. There’s nothing wrong with starting at 30-35k right after college, assuming no experience, entry level etc. But 25k is another story, especially for sales. Typically sales jobs were for those who didn’t attend college. Nothing wrong with that. There’s lots of successful real estate, car salesmen, and other sales job that do very well.

Requiring a bachelors for 25k a year is ridiculous!
What about people that graduated college ten years ago and only make 35k a year? Is there something wrong with that?

The job you listed isn't an entry level position. You have to have 3 years experience.

Depending on the scenario, but I would say as a general statement, yes.
I think this company hires sports fan that want to work in the NFL, NCAA, in the Athletic Department of universities, or something related to sports. Since it’s a niche position they can get away with the low starting pay. After all it’s just an entry level job. It’s meant to weed out the weaker employees and get the ones with potential in the door. A lot of people suck at sales. With or without a college degree. If you’re good at sales you can make a lot of money without a college degree. Having a college degree will open the doors into the big league. Which I believe is the ultimate goal of 90% of the employees that apply to Aspire.

Most college graduates start off in the mid 30's to low 40's.

Did you start off making over 60k right out of college (if you graduated)?

I think this company hires sports fan that want to work in the NFL, NCAA, in the Athletic Department of universities, or something related to sports. Since it’s a niche position they can get away with the low starting pay. After all it’s just an entry level job. It’s meant to weed out the weaker employees and get the ones with potential in the door. A lot of people suck at sales. With or without a college degree. If you’re good at sales you can make a lot of money without a college degree. Having a college degree will open the doors into the big league. Which I believe is the ultimate goal of 90% of the employees that apply to Aspire.

They are going to call customers and read off a script. It's not hard to do.

Most college graduates start off in the mid 30's to low 40's.

Did you start off making over 60k right out of college (if you graduated)?
I’m 100% sure I never said a college graduate should make 60k first day on the job. If you went to college, and 5,10,15,20 years later you’re not making over 60k a year, something is wrong.

There’s some truth to that. I think they would be more successful at not requiring a bachelors. If I was fresh out of college, with no experience, I wouldn’t really want a “high pressure” job for 25k.

You would weed out a lot of potential by the pay. A person agreeing to make 25k a year, doesn’t think too much of themselves to begin with, since they’re applying for this job.

We’ll see how it goes. You can have the best training and best salesmanship there is, doesn’t mean you will successful selling this dumpy product.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I was just saying the job you posted you need 3 years experience (which is true).

None of those job listings are for entry level positions.
So then maybe they don’t pay what you claim they do. And this whole argument was based on fake news.

I’m 100% sure I never said a college graduate should make 60k first day on the job. If you went to college, and 5,10,15,20 years later you’re not making over 60k a year, something is wrong.

"I think it would suck to go to college for four years and make under 60k a year. That’s just me. To each their own."

And something definitely isn't wrong with you if you're not making over 60k a year because most college graduates never make that much.

"I think it would suck to go to college for four years and make under 60k a year. That’s just me. To each their own."

And something definitely isn't wrong with you if you're not making over 60k a year because most college graduates never make that much.
Damn, what a scam.

Damn, what a scam.

What's the scam? Not every college graduate is going to make 60k a year. You do go to college so you won't have to flip burgers and make minimum wage. I don't know where you came up with the 60k number. You can live well making 35k and up very easily.

What's the scam? Not every college graduate is going to make 60k a year. You do go to college so you won't have to flip burgers and make minimum wage. I don't know where you came up with the 60k number. You can live well make 35k and up very easily.
Investing all the time and money into a university and never make at least 60k a year. I straight up know cleaning ladies who speak very little English, probably didn’t graduate high school making 60-100k a year. They charge $120 a house and clean 2-3 a day, 12-18 a week. Do the math.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT