ADVERTISEMENT

New transfer RB

Dec 22, 2016
Hearing former Kansas State RB Charles Jones is on campus and enrolled at UTEP today.

MR sent out a tweet earlier talking about a possible RB not named Winston Dimel, should be Jones.

K-State south? Looks like Dimel is a players coach and is taking the players who beefed with the old man head coach there. (Bill Snyder couldn't think of his name while typing this LOL)

Not a bad pickup. I think he was the RB that killed us when we played at KSU a few years ago. Hopefully he can get one of KSU's QB's to transfer.

Wasnt ElPaso7777 ( geesh cant you come up with better name?) the one that said that no BCS player would transfer to a school like UTEP????

I looked up Charles Jones and it shows he has already red-shirted and played 4 years at K- State. The 2016 season he was listed as a senior.

Not a bad pickup. I think he was the RB that killed us when we played at KSU a few years ago. Hopefully he can get one of KSU's QB's to transfer.
12 carries, 76 yards, 3tds that day.

You get five years to play four. If he redshirted as a freshman then he still has a year of eligibility remaining.

You get five years to play four. If he redshirted as a freshman then he still has a year of eligibility remaining.
It says he red shirted in 2012 and didn' see action In 2013. Played in 2014,2015, 2016. That's 5 years. Which is why I questioned if the first two years had anything to do with injury

According to a kstate Twitter feed, they said his eligibility is up. He maybe enrolling as a Graduate Assistant.

Wasnt ElPaso7777 ( geesh cant you come up with better name?) the one that said that no BCS player would transfer to a school like UTEP????

Nope, I said that about 4 and 5 star recruits Freshman recruits?

Also, the BCS is long gone.

I think we are ok at RB. We need some defensive lineman, linebackers, a #1 WR, a kicker and a duel threat QB. Dimmel said there are only 10 scholarships to give because of the grey/blue shirts and the fact that nobody else has left so far. I hope he makes them count.

I’m sure if need be he can do the old “Tim Floyd” run them out scenario. If a kid is a grey shirt, he technically hasn’t received a scholarship right, so how could they count when they are just enrolled as a student?

I think we are ok at RB. We need some defensive lineman, linebackers, a #1 WR, a kicker and a duel threat QB. Dimmel said there are only 10 scholarships to give because of the grey/blue shirts and the fact that nobody else has left so far. I hope he makes them count.
When did Dimel say he had only 10 scholarships to give? Can't find that anywhere.

Hopefully we get his son. Last coach didn’t even attempt to recruit his boys. Or maybe they didn’t want to play for Dad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT