ADVERTISEMENT

Next UTEP coach is...

A few have said that, otherwise I think most agree with you. I think Pickmyaxe summarized it well. Top recruiter/assistant at a championship program. Barbee, Sanchez (didnt work), Tang, Young? Somebody will get him eventually. Given his history and the fact the he played at UTEP tell me it's possible.

No thanks. I would pass. If he was that good of a coach another school would have picked him up.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Marijuana for medicinal purposes is like saying the NIL is only for the top known players that have proven themselves. It's stupid

What perspective? Jones committed a federal crime. It's not hard to understand.

Also, you need a license to legally sell marijuana.
So? He did his time. Do you agree with not giving him a chance because of something that is enjoyed to the tune of billions of dollars of legal business a year now? Or is it just disdain for people who are involved with the drug business?

So? He did his time. Do you agree with not giving him a chance because of something that is enjoyed to the tune of billions of dollars of legal business a year now? Or is it just disdain for people who are involved with the drug business?

You don't get it. You need a license to sell marijuana. You're making it seem like anybody can just sell marijuana.

Either way, he committed a federal crime. I will pass.

It costs over $100,000 to get a license to sell marijuana. You clearly don't understand how things work.
Dude you're great at ignoring the point. I didn't claim he didn't break the law, simply stating by today's standards it seems petty to not allow him a chance to be a head coach. He did his time already. What else would a judgmental person have him do?

Dude you're great at ignoring the point. I didn't claim he didn't break the law, simply stating by today's standards it seems petty to not allow him a chance to be a head coach. He did his time already. What else would a judgmental person have him do?

No, you missed the whole point. It's not legal for anybody to sell marijuana. It takes a lot of time and money.

Today's standards? Young would still be committing a federal crime by illegally selling marijuana.

When has anyone ever seen ANY interest from him about coming back besides our silly lists on here? When has he ever been in the running for ANY college HC position? Has he even traveled west of the mississippi since UTEP?

Agreed

Let's put this in the perspective. When he had his 96 lb it was illegal in every state of the union. So yes he did commit a felony. This shows a lack of respect for the law. But he was punished.. Now having said that, this is not the unforgivable sin.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Let's put this in the perspective. When he had his 96 lb it was illegal in every state of the union. So yes he did commit a felony. This shows a lack of respect for the law. But he was punished.. Now having said that, this is not the unforgivable sin.

Agreed. I just think there are better options out there, without a federal record.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
He did his time already. What else would a judgmental person have him do?
His crime is so bad that he can get a job at THE state university of Connecticut. Not some lowly regarded HBCU somewhere, but at UConn. Apparently not good enough to some and the “rigorous” standards here at UTEP.

With that being said, if he didn’t play here, nobody would know or care about him.

The last coaches with UTEP ties sucked big time - Floyd and Kugler. So have the ones with none - Terry, Bronzeing, and Dismel.

The coach’s background doesn’t matter too much when they are surrounded by a shitty athletic department.

His crime is so bad that he can get a job at THE state university of Connecticut. Not some lowly regarded HBCU somewhere, but at UConn. Apparently not good enough to some and the “rigorous” standards here at UTEP.

With that being said, if he didn’t play here, nobody would know or care about him.

The last coaches with UTEP ties sucked big time - Floyd and Kugler. So have the ones with none - Terry, Bronzeing, and Dismel.

The coach’s background doesn’t matter too much when they are surrounded by a shitty athletic department.
I not arguing that KJY should be the coach just arguing that his past shouldn't automatically disqualify him.

Exactly

Haters gonna hate.

giphy.gif

Well, this topic went off
Yes and no. He was a former player who did something wrong to make money.

However, while there are some on here who I disagree with on almost everything do have a point saying there are good candidates without a fed charge from their past.

Reactions: EPUTEP
After Kugler and Floyd hiring, I really don't want anymore former legends applying for a HC position here. It doesn't end well.
If they play there or not doesn’t make them a good or bad coach. Ties to the university shouldn’t disqualify you if you are capable of doing the job! It shouldn’t get you the job either.
Common sense should tell you that.

I would bring in Jerry Sandusky if he could win us a bowl game
I would bring in any f*cking cheater, Art Briles, don’t care. Whoever wins games. Take the slap on the wrist later. We’ve been losing the right way for too long.

Glad to know the Digs board is full of people who obey the law and are outstanding citizens. Nobody here drives over the speed limit. Everyone reports all of their online sales to the IRS. Nobody here has ever drove while intoxicated or stolen anything either. Great bunch!!!

Glad to know the Digs board is full of people who obey the law and are outstanding citizens.Nobody here has ever drove while intoxicated or stolen anything either. Great bunch!!!

I obey the law and have never been arrested. I have never driven intoxicated or stolen anything. I assume most people are in the same boat. I'm sorry you live such a negative lifestyle.

I would bring in any f*cking cheater, Art Briles, don’t care. Whoever wins games. Take the slap on the wrist later. We’ve been losing the right way for too long.

Glad to know the Digs board is full of people who obey the law and are outstanding citizens. Nobody here drives over the speed limit. Everyone reports all of their online sales to the IRS. Nobody here has ever drove while intoxicated or stolen anything either. Great bunch!!!
I am a man of God. So you are right. Never done nothing wrong ever.

I jaywalked once. I also littered during the “Don’t Mess With Texas” years and threw a gum wrapper on the ground. Lastly, I took a puff of some maryjoowanna but I didn’t inhale. Or maybe I did. I can’t remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT