ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU has a 11-game NCAA Tourney losing streak?

BTW. Thanks ODU. You all want into a major east coast conference and pound your chests that you deserve to be let in. How's that working for ya?!

Wow, you sound impressive.

I’m as competitive as anyone you’ll come across but I don’t subscribe to the idea “if you ain’t first, you’re last”.

I imagine you’re trophy case is empty of anything at all to polish.
As in empty of any participation trophies?? Then you are correct. Those aren't worth a spot. Do you fly your "2017 Atlanta Falcons Almost Had a Chance To Be Super Bowl Champions" banner above your participation trophy case?

Last edited:
As in empty of any participation trophies?? Then you are correct. Those aren't worth a spot. Do you fly your "2017 Atlanta Falcons Almost Had a Chance To Be Super Bowl Champions" banner above your participation trophy case?

You sound even more impressive now. Hmm! Yeah, that Final 4 finish that Loyola had last year doesn’t amount to shit cuz they didn’t win it all. Just got participation trophies. Righttt!

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Nobody is saying NMSU's basketball program is a dumpster fire. They have made the NCAA Tourney 7 times since 2010, but have won 0 of those games. IMO, making the NCAA Tourney as many times as they have in the past 9 or 10 years, and having no wins to show for it is nothing to brag about. They have been in the top 25 zero times in for ever how long of time it has been. They benefit significantly from playing in a conference full of cupcakes and their recent NCAA Tourney results proves that. Their only competition is Grand Canyon , RGV, and UTAH Valley. They are a good program and deserve credit for consistently beating all of the cupcakes on their cupcake loaded schedule. But that is the only thing they do. Are they a G5 powerhouse program? Not even close.

So wouldn't that make the Atlanta Falcons the NFC championship team? Kind of like winning your conference? But I guess we wouldn't put conference championship trophies in the trophy case, right?
Yes exactly. The Falcons actually won their division and actually won the NFC Championship. They deserve credit for those 2 things because they actually did it. You want to give NMSU credit for almost beating Kansas and Auburn. Meaning they still lost. Thats when I said giving credit to NMSU for almost beating Kansas and Auburn is as meaningless and saying the Falcons almost beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. It would be funny hearing a Falcons fan bragging that they were almost Super Bowl Li Champions. Almost is just like, shoulda, woulda coulda, but didn't. Nobody cares if you almost did something in competitive sports. We almost beat Marquette so we didn't suck as bad as it may seem this season.

Yes exactly. The Falcons actually won their division and actually won the NFC Championship. They deserve credit for those 2 things because they actually did it. You want to give NMSU credit for almost beating Kansas and Auburn. Meaning they still lost. Thats when I said giving credit to NMSU for almost beating Kansas and Auburn is as meaningless and saying the Falcons almost beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. It would be funny hearing a Falcons fan bragging that they were almost Super Bowl Li Champions. Almost is just like, shoulda, woulda coulda, but didn't. Nobody cares if you almost did something in competitive sports. We almost beat Marquette so we didn't suck as bad as it may seem this season.

This is ridiculous. The original question asked why NMSU had a better seed than ODU. There are several reasons, but these are the two biggest:
NMSU had a much better NET rating (40 NMSU, 100 ODU)
NMSU had a better record

The near misses weren't posted as a suggestion that tons of kudos, trophies, etc. be heaped on the Aggies. It was to show that the Aggies, as much as we may hate to admit it, were a better team than our conference champion. No one is trying to crown the Aggies as National Champions .

You sound even more impressive now. Hmm! Yeah, that Final 4 finish that Loyola had last year doesn’t amount to shit cuz they didn’t win it all. Just got participation trophies. Righttt!
Do they give participation trophies for losing in the NCAA Tourney? Im not too familiar with participation trophies like you are.

This is ridiculous. The original question asked why NMSU had a better seed than ODU. There are several reasons, but these are the two biggest:
NMSU had a much better NET rating (40 NMSU, 100 ODU)
NMSU had a better record

The near misses weren't posted as a suggestion that tons of kudos, trophies, etc. be heaped on the Aggies. It was to show that the Aggies, as much as we may hate to admit it, were a better team than our conference champion. No one is trying to crown the Aggies as National Champions .
The question about why NMSU had a better seed than ODU was asked in a different thread, not this one. It is in the NMSU vs. Auburn thread. This one is about NMSU's 12 game NCAA Tourney losing streak. That is why I am going to bash NMSU in here. If you switch ODU with NMSU, ODU would easily have a 30 win season against that top notch competition like Grand Canyon, UTAH Valley, UTRGV. I guess this season wasn't as bad as we thought, we ALMOST beat NMSU at the Don this year.

Having a CHANCE to beat NMSU in BB is the next best thing to winning against them in my book. Moral victories are awesome. Everybody is a winner in my book.

After having suffered through way too many consecutive kickings of our ass at the hands of the Aggies, I don't see how we are in any type of position to trash talk them or belittle their accomplishments. And even though they blew all of them, they had three opportunities to pull off the upset in the last couple of seconds of that game (hit the layup, make the free throws, hit the wide open corner three). Auburn would have destroyed us.
Really Auburn would have destroyed us??? No way. Good job master of the obvious. Would Duke have destroyed us too? We were one of the worst teams in basketball this season, and I like how you use the example that Auburn would destroy us to make NMSU look good.

Shoulda, Couldas, wouldas go both ways dude. If Auburn would have hit this shot, made this free throw , they would have won by an by a bigger margin.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT