ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU not a gimmie

NMSU is never a gimmie and this year their defense is vastly improved according to football media sources as Martin went juco to shore up a not so good defense.

But as the country song goes "but on the other hand" Kugler takes this rivalry very seriously with 4 star general professionalism. IMO it's going to be a back alley dog fight this year at Memorial stadium.

If UTEP loses to NMSU this year, which in my opinion is pretty likely, is UTEP football looking at a 0-2 win season?

Probably so. The silver lining is that if UTEP has another bad season, the new AD will be able to bring in someone new. Stull likely would not have made a change.

I still am holding out hope that UTEP turns it around enough this year to go bowling because next season the Miners will have a lot of starters returning and could go from decent (if this year is decent) to good.

This new and improved defensive line has me very curious especially, Keith Sullivan. They said he really got everyone's attention at camp and as a freshman, he is 6'7" 260 lbs with a NFL frame and some say he will be a UTEP great when his college career is done. He had trouble qualifying and paid UTEP with his loyalty for sticking with him. If this D line is as good as advertised, who knows? Maybe UTEP can make it to lower tier bowl? There is no pressure on this team, that's for sure. UTEP just has to apply more pressure and make more stops and develop some type of passing game to compliment the power run.

D line was one of the worst last year and you can only go up when reaching rock bottom.

This new and improved defensive line has me very curious especially, Keith Sullivan. They said he really got everyone's attention at camp and as a freshman, he is 6'7" 260 lbs with a NFL frame and some say he will be a UTEP great when his college career is done. He had trouble qualifying and paid UTEP with his loyalty for sticking with him. If this D line is as good as advertised, who knows? Maybe UTEP can make it to lower tier bowl? There is no pressure on this team, that's for sure. UTEP just has to apply more pressure and make more stops and develop some type of passing game to compliment the power run.

D line was one of the worst last year and you can only go up when reaching rock bottom.

There's a ton of pressure on this team. A new ad means kugler is on the hot seat. The coaches are coaching for their jobs. The players are playing for their futures. It's just a fact if a new staff comes in a lot of the players won't be back. While the expectations are low the pressure inside the program is intense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT