ADVERTISEMENT

NNM

Golding said our offense hasn't even reached the ball screen phase yet. We should continue to get better and better on offense. He also joked with Teicher about are poor interior rebounding. That should get better too.

Did anybody notice Boum kicking his legs out on like 3 different jump shots? I'm not sure what the heck he was trying to do.

Neither was Kennedy who apparently had a bad fall and was not 100% for the Aggies either. Hollins looks lost but hopefully he can mesh with his new teammates. Really like the improvement Tydus has made to his offensive game has a really nice post up baby hook.

I said this last year this team won’t be any good until we add some shooting … our defense with Golding will help us win games we shouldn’t but this team is terrible on the offensive end… they can’t shoot the ball…. Same thing as having a explosive fast wide receiver who has brick hands… he will catch a few and surprise people but most of the time it’s in and out

Reactions: Lil_Train
Did anybody notice Boum kicking his legs out on like 3 different jump shots? I'm not sure what the heck he was trying to do.

He's trying to generate contact in the hopes of drawing a foul call on a non-existent foul. Refs don't see every detail, and if they already half-expect you to get fouled sometimes you get a freebie.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
He's trying to generate contact in the hopes of drawing a foul call on a non-existent foul. Refs don't see every detail, and if they already half-expect you to get fouled sometimes you get a freebie.
Yup. You can thank the NBA for that. Boum has somehow been able to teach himself to square with the basket with his upper body and throwing his legs out waist down or contorting himself.

Yup. You can thank the NBA for that. Boum has somehow been able to teach himself to square with the basket with his upper body and throwing his legs out waist down or contorting himself.
Too bad they changed that in the NBA this year, so it's not drawing fouls like before.

While there definitely wasn't a large crowd (ESPN says 3808), this picture appears to have been taken at halftime and wouldn't be indicative of how many butts were in seats since a lot of people were likely getting food/drinks or using the bathroom.

Even the powerful Western Kentucky has played Campsville and Cumberland. Stansbury is in his 6th year with 105 wins and a couple of deep NIT runs. If anyone has reason to complain its their fanbase.

Memphis played Lemoyne-Owen and Lane. And still had over 10k for those games.

3800 is more than what 3/4 of our conference teams will average against better schools.

He rushed all 3 of those shots and bricked all 3 too. Also there were many times that he and Kalu were isolated on one side of the floor. Kalu had position and Boum NEVER once fed him the ball. There was also a time Boum seemed upset that he wasn't passed the ball despite us scoring. I mentioned during the NNSU thread too that he looked lackadaisical, especially at the line where he can make a huge impact on the game. Just my opinion, but I'm beginning to like him less and less. Goldings comments regarding Boum after the game were 'Boum will be Boum'

Did anyone notice that great wonderful CUSA officiating last night? Hijo su! The money is not top league but it’s not bad but these guys actually called fouls on good UTEP D! These fools, yes fools, made it extremely clear for three years they did not like Terry and actually costed UTEP a conference tourney game win by calling out of bounds while actually the Miner foot was well more than a foot away.

Anyways, last night UTEP was the quicker team (Bonke picked pocketed their guard for Pete’s sake) and got penalized for playing good D with endless blocking calls when in actuality they got into position first.

It was so bad that Yellen even commented that it “appeared” the refs were trying not to let this get out of hand, score wise.

Now if those uni’s had “Baylor” on them those CUSA refs would’ve let them drop 140 on UTEP with Miner blood on the hardwood.

These fools, yes fools, made it extremely clear for three years they did not like Terry and actually costed UTEP a conference tourney game win by calling out of bounds while actually the Miner foot was well more than a foot away.
I think that particular call was due to incompetence more than malice towards Terry.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I didn't either. I asked on the CUSA board and someone was nice enough to answer with this link

Similar to last year's tourney. The 1 and 2 seeds in each division get a double bye, and won't play until the quarterfinals. Seeds 6 and 7 in each division have to play in the 1st round. All others get a single bye and play in the 2nd round. So while the regular season means literally nothing as far as an at-large bid for the NCAA Tournament, it is very important for seeding in the C-USA Tournament.

This was the bracket for last year's tourney.

Similar to last year's tourney. The 1 and 2 seeds in each division get a double bye, and won't play until the quarterfinals. Seeds 6 and 7 in each division have to play in the 1st round. All others get a single bye and play in the 2nd round. So while the regular season means literally nothing as far as an at-large bid for the NCAA Tournament, it is very important for seeding in the C-USA Tournament.

This was the bracket for last year's tourney.
UNT got lucky that their four toughest conference games were canceled. The two at western kentucky and the two vs ODU. No telling what their seeding would have been had they played those and if they would have still made a conference tournament run.

UNT got lucky that their four toughest conference games were canceled. The two at western kentucky and the two vs ODU. No telling what their seeding would have been had they played those and if they would have still made a conference tournament run.
That reminds me. What's the over/under on how many games will we have this year where we score <50 points?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT