Rice 15/1
UTEP 20/1
FAU 25/1
Old Dominion 40/1
FIU 50/1
UTSA 75/1
North Texas 150/1
Charlotte 150/1

I think UTEP wins the West title while Marshall wins the East title. Game in El Paso and UTEP wins by 3.
20/1 odds looks pretty good now ...
Who do you like???

Would you put a dime on UTSA at 75/1... could be a BIG profit ...

It would be sweet to host a football championship game. I think it would sell out the Sun Bowl. The schedule is favorable. Since we avoid the top three from the east and host Southern Miss. My expectations for this season are as high as possible. I'm thinking double digit Ws. A program historic record.

I have been very excited about the potential of our team this upcoming season. But just as a word of caution, here is a growing concern to me: 58, 41, 42, and 42 are the points that our new Defensive Coordinator gave up during his final 4 games last season before being fired. Coach Mason also didn't give the most confident answer during last night's Coach's Show, when he mentioned how we will only get 3 days to prepare for Army's option offense. He mentioned how tough that option preparation week is for any Defensive Coordinator and he mentioned how he dealt with that same situation last year when he had to prepare for Air Force. Looking back at it, he gave up 58 points to Air Force last year. Ouch. Army's Starting QB is also on the team and is still the Starter, despite multiple reports last week saying that he had quit.

I know that every season, program, and situation is different. I also believe that last year's Hawaii team is probably not a fair way to judge Coach Mason. It was hopefully an outlier which resulted from the bad situation which that program was in. But at the end of the day, we still have 2 brand new coordinators and neither had success in their last job as Coordinators, both were fired either mid-season or immediately after the season. We are now expecting both of these guys to do complete 180's compared to their last Coordinator jobs and now have immediate success from the beginning? For the record, I think that we will be much better in time with both of these new Coordinator's(especially on offense), but I am really curious as to how quickly we will click early in the season. I am very anxious to watch us play next week and would love nothing more than to see us play well from the start. I genuinely think that we have some good and deep talent, I am just hopeful that it can click early in these new systems. And if all else fails, at least we still have Aaron Jones!

I'm going with 7 or 8 wins max. And I say that because I'm still not sold on the passing game or the defense.

the latest from Las Vegas:
Southern Miss 11/5
Marshall 12/5
Western Kentucky 14/5
Middle Tennessee St 7/2
Louisiana Tech 8/1
Rice 15/1
UTEP 20/1
FAU 25/1
Old Dominion 40/1
FIU 50/1
UTSA 75/1
North Texas 150/1
Charlotte 150/1

I think UTEP wins the West title while Marshall wins the East title. Game in El Paso and UTEP wins by 3.
20/1 odds looks pretty good now ...
Who do you like???

Would you put a dime on UTSA at 75/1... could be a BIG profit ...

20/1? I'm actually expecting the Miners to shock the conference. If they can stay healthy and focused I can see them having problems with Texas, Army (maybe because that Triple Option requires staying true to your assignments), LaTech, and maybe Rice. I like their chances though against the last two more because I'm expecting the defense to play better and the offense to be smarter. I'll light my candle Friday.

Reactions: mikesarabia
We have a good team, a clean program (to this fan, it's a big deal), depth, a small handful of players who could possibly play on Sunday's and dedicated players. I haven't been this ready for UTEP football since Coach Dumpster Fire's first season in '03. I expect Kugler to lead them to the conference championship. I expect only two, maybe three realistic potential losses. La Tech, UT and USM. Rice is always a gut buster, but if UTEP stays healthy, they better beat them.

Army? The game better not be close come the 4th, option or no option. Moken is struggling bad up in West Point and is one of the top 5 in FBS to almost surely lose his job. (Martin at NMSU is not much farther down that list).

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT