ADVERTISEMENT

ODU Self Appoints Themselves as CUSA Attendance Leaders

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
C6Q-8LSWUAIylhb.jpg

What do you all think? It's on their twitter page.

C6SA9JGWMAE9xw9.jpg

These guys win one Vegas Ocho and now they think they are the second coming of Memphis to CUSA.

Someone pointed out their misinformation on Twitter and it looks like they used an incorrect source.
Naw they double down on their source.

C6STT4KXMAELSIv.jpg

Either CUSA can't add or the NCAA has wrong figures. Just last week their own beat writer said UTEP led the conference in attendance.

Naw they double down on their source.

Either CUSA can't add or the NCAA has wrong figures. Just last week their own beat writer said UTEP led the conference in attendance.

Ya, then the other person said that the numbers for the NCAA source don't add up if you look at all the box score attendance figures for each game.

Ya, then the other person said that the numbers for the NCAA source don't add up if you look at all the box score attendance figures for each game.
They need to get this figured out. I hope the UTEP administration is working on getting those figures adjusted. Them ODU folks are sneaky. First they take away a second from the clock and now they are adding people to their attendance.

I read where somebody in another thread said that ODU should be our CUSA rival.

In an era where UNT, Rice and UTSA make rivalry sense due to region, that just doesn't do it for me...in basketball anyway. I'm all for a heated basketball rivalry developing with ODU. Their cocky ass fans don't bother me. Makes a rivalry that much better, imo.

Man I hope we get to see them in the final on Saturday!

Reactions: Lil_Train
I read where somebody in another thread said that ODU should be our CUSA rival.

In an era where UNT, Rice and UTSA make rivalry sense due to region, that just doesn't do it for me...in basketball anyway. I'm all for a heated basketball rivalry developing with ODU. Their cocky ass fans don't bother me. Makes a rivalry that much better, imo.

Man I hope we get to see them in the final on Saturday!
I agree that ODU can turn into a nasty rivalry. The first three meetings involved us blowing them out twice and them returning the favor last season. This past game could be the spark of something.

As far as the Texas schools I think it's a dormant rivalry ready to be awoken at any moment. Usually teams become rivals when both are competing for conference championships or tournament seeding. UTSA finished with one loss away from our win total. They have split with us the last two seasons. It will be interesting to see if they can move from middle of the pack to contender next season. N Texas just fired Benford so a good hire and they can join the mix. RICE is decent and always plays us close. If they keep Rhodes and continue improving watch out. All it takes is one hurtful defeat to start the fire. I'm cautious about facing off against them Thursday. Another thing that will add to the rivalry is the amount of UTEP fans that show up to the Texas school gyms when both teams are winning. UTEP and CUSA best days are ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT