ADVERTISEMENT

ODU @ UTEP

This was absolutely a winnable game. Interesting how the cellar dweller can play the 1st place team even while we shoot 20 something %. Unbelievable team shooting effort. Thomas and Kobe we're each 2 for 4. Should have made them our priority targets. Oh well....

Kobe doesn’t want to shoot.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I watched the game on ESPN+. Both teams struggled some offensively, but both team showed a lot of hustle on defense. I have gotten the impression for the past few seasons that ODU steps up their game for UTEP. Two schools with similar history and style of play that have organically grown into a rivalry. As far as Efe struggling, it looks like teams have him on their radar now and double team him or collapse in on him when he goes inside. Remember, we have three freshmen and a sophomore on the floor a lot this season. They are all showing talent, including Efe. Yes, we are having a poor season, but we are becoming the team that no one wants to lose to, so they try harder against us than others. That's my impression.
I live here in Virginia and I have been to every UTEP/ODU game since ODU joined CUSA. I do see a Rivalry being born.. The fans really pack the Ted Constant Center when UTEP comes town.

I live here in Virginia and I have been to every UTEP/ODU game since ODU joined CUSA. I do see a Rivalry being born.. The fans really pack the Ted Constant Center when UTEP comes town.

I thought of driving up there for a game. Are there usually a few miner fans there?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT