ADVERTISEMENT

Omega Harris suspended

That's a bunch of BS wrapped in BS. Does anybody still believe this guy? All he ever talks about are excuses.
Really, what would you have liked him to say? I love people that get on this forum and make stupid comments just to stir the pot. These are not excuses these are facts. If the kids that were recruited had shown up as promised, if a couple of players could have followed the rules instead of getting dismissed from the team, if a player hadn't transferred to be with a girlfriend and if a couple players who thought that they were ready to play professionally hadn't left this team UTEP basketball would be rolling right now. Unfortunately things have not worked out. I am not making excuses for Floyd but I believe there is not another coach who could have done any better under these circumstances. If we can just get the players from this years recruiting class to show up and play with what we have coming back next year, we should be competitive by the end of the year. The years to follow should be much better.

Dude, I get it that some of those things weren't under his control. I used those same examples when I used to defend him. The problem is that he is the head coach and it still falls on his shoulders. Hamilton is a friggin senior at UcLa! Shouldn't they have been able to replace him by now? He didn't know Moore and Hunter were leaving? He didn't over recruit to fill the spots with any talent? He brings in 7 new guys a year yet we suck because a few leave/dont come here? If you are recruiting and signing 7 guys a year, you must suck at reading talent because someone has to leave.

Which reminds me, why didn't someone ask Floyd yesterday when he referenced the 7 guys coming in next year, "If only 2 scholarships are now available for next year, how are you to bring in 7 new guys?"

Reactions: develman
Coach Floyd continuing to bring up what could have been with Isaac Hamilton
makes me want to bash my head against a brick wall. This guy is a joke
Yes it's time to let go of the past, but unfortunately when you talk about the present state of the miners the past is very relevant. If all of these bad things had not happened the current situation would be different. Please explain how any of these players leaving, not showing up, getting injured, being dismissed are the coaches fault. Kids leave for various reasons. Blaming the coach is BS. If a kid can't handle a coach who yells at them then they should go home with their mommy and play pick up games at the park.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Maybe if a guy is injured 4 years in a row you would get a clue that he needs to be replaced
Maybe yhe coach shouldn't recruit guys that want to be with there mommy
And maybe the coach should get a clue when his players aren't going to class during the spring semester that they're going to leave.

We do not talk about people who aren't here, Terry Winn is no longer here, lets discuss the players that are here and working their tails off.

If we had Isaac Hamilton, Vince Hunter, and Lee Moore, we are a Top 15 program.

Last edited:
I wonder if Floyd believes his own BS or he just thinks we will fall for it because we're stupid. Bringing up the past like that is a slap to the face to solid miner fans.

My 3 stages of Floyd in minerdigs: 1.)High on the Floyd train. He needs time, at least 4 years. The most recent coaches got us to the tourney but only for 1 good run so this will build consistency. 2.)Damn years 5 and 6 suck too but I don't want to be a hater troll so I wont post much. Just read posted little. 3.) F it things are getting worse, same problems. Give me a match and some gasoline I want to see this whole thing burn. I may now actually be a negative troll. In year 7, Floyd has turned me into a negative troll haha.

I wonder if Floyd believes his own BS or he just thinks we will fall for it because we're stupid. Bringing up the past like that is a slap to the face to solid miner fans.

My 3 stages of Floyd in minerdigs: 1.)High on the Floyd train. He needs time, at least 4 years. The most recent coaches got us to the tourney but only for 1 good run so this will build consistency. 2.)Damn years 5 and 6 suck too but I don't want to be a hater troll so I wont post much. Just read posted little. 3.) F it things are getting worse, same problems. Give me a match and some gasoline I want to see this whole thing burn. I may now actually be a negative troll. In year 7, Floyd has turned me into a negative troll haha.

You are not a troll just because you express your dissatisfaction with a regime that has not progressed in 7 years.

For some of us it was 4 or 5 years, for some 7, and for some it may be 10, but we are no better than we were 6 years ago, after Floyd had to replace 11 seniors. I actually think it was 9, but I could be wrong about that.

Even so, that team, full of newbies, could keep up with this current team...and probably beat this team...and its SIX damn years later into Floyd's tenure.

If its trolling by pointing that out...

We do not talk about people who aren't here, Terry Winn is no longer here, lets discuss the players that are here and working their tails off.

If we had Isaac Hamilton, Vince Hunter, and Lee Moore, we are a Top 15 program.

Damn, I totally missed that when he said it. Nice catch!

Omega brings drama every year. Floyd should get rid of him.
May the bench will get more playing time and get better. I rather
have a few good team players, rather than some prima
donna's who think their shit don't stink and think they can do what
ever they want.

Go Miners...

Omega brings drama every year. Floyd should get rid of him.
May the bench will get more playing time and get better. I rather
have a few good team players, rather than some prima
donna's who think their shit don't stink and think they can do what
ever they want.

Go Miners...

Let's hear your starting lineup and rotation on this team minus Terry and Omega.

Reactions: allminer

Just don't get banned and keep coming back.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
Really, what would you have liked him to say? I love people that get on this forum and make stupid comments just to stir the pot. These are not excuses these are facts.

Own up to his mistakes. You are in the minority here the way you feel about Floyd. Most people are saying the same things I'm saying.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
Own up to his mistakes. You are in the minority here the way you feel about Floyd. Most people are saying the same things I'm saying.
Fact is your a hater. I choose to look at things from an adult point of view. You have no solutions except get a new coach. That's your answer to everything. You keep trolling. I find it funny that you and a few others blame the coach for everything but fail to see that the players we have lost are obviously not worth worrying about. When these players leave do you ever hear about them again? Nope because they probably did the same thing at their new schools. Don't talk about players who never enrolled at UTEP. Find a player that has transferred or left school in the past few years who have had a successful college or pro career (NBA). I can think of one player the power forward who played for Mississippi State. But what happened to him? He was a can't miss player but somehow he missed. Players who leave in my humble opinion have a character flaw and its not going to change no matter where they go. These same kids will be the same ones who quit their jobs anytime they are challenged or asked to do something out of their comfort zone. It's a pattern for these kids. Their motto... quit when the road gets too rough. You keep defending players who don't give a damn about UTEP or their teammates. I choose to stand by the coaches and the players who work hard, stick it out, and ignore the negativity to get better every day.

Reactions: miner1liner
C. Washburn - TCU
T. Howard - Tenn Martin
M. Perez - Nevada

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Whereas they aren't world beaters, they did as well or better at their new schools as they did at UTEP. I'm sure I could think of more.

Sometimes "quitting" isn't the intention. The intention is to "transfer"...change. Intention is everything.

For instance, have you ever had a job that wasn't a good fit for you, so you changed jobs? It happens.

Not challenging everything you're saying because I agree with you in general, however I can't label a kid a quitter just because he has chosen to transfer. Especially if he has improved at his new destination.

Reactions: develman
So what are your solutions?
Nobody wants us to return to what we were more than me. I have been a UTEP fan since I was about ten years old. I'm 48 now and yes I'm frustrated as hell with the athletic program right now. The only thing I know is that Coach Floyd has had a tough go of it because of all the player movement. My solution has always been to make the transfer rules more difficult. Kids know that they can leave whenever they want so they openly challenge coaches now. Players think they run the show and it can't be that way. High School kids who can't follow the rules just can't leave their High School and play for another team unless it's a private school or they move to a different city. How many parents are going to do that? High School kids have to deal with their coaches whether they like them or not. Or they can choose not to play. Kids need to understand that coaches are trying to get the most out of them and make them mentally tough. I'm definitely old school but you have to admit that this is trait that is lacking in a lot of players right now. I'm not talking about putting kids in harms way but pushing them to their limits. This is going to get them to the next level not just in sports but in life. Quitting should not be an option. Taking the easy road sounds like a good idea but it very seldom works out. Yes, Floyd can be abrasive, direct, and down right rude at times, but he really cares about these kids and the one's who stick it out appreciate him. Basketball rarely has quick fixes that work. If he gets the kids he recruited for next year, I expect things to get better sooner than later. If we lose any of them it's going to be difficult again. Coaches need to players who respect them and want to learn. Coaches can't have different rules based on kids personalities. It's tough job. If coach get's his players to show up I believe within a year he will have things rolling again. If they show up and he is not winning after next year then I believe a change is in order. I apologize up front for any grammatical errors.

Reactions: miner1liner
C. Washburn - TCU
T. Howard - Tenn Martin
M. Perez - Nevada

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Whereas they aren't world beaters, they did as well or better at their new schools as they did at UTEP. I'm sure I could think of more.

Sometimes "quitting" isn't the intention. The intention is to "transfer"...change. Intention is everything.

For instance, have you ever had a job that wasn't a good fit for you, so you changed jobs? It happens.

Not challenging everything you're saying because I agree with you in general, however I can't label a kid a quitter just because he has chosen to transfer. Especially if he has improved at his new destination.
I forgot about Perez he actually did very well. I hear what you are saying but the majority of those who have left are never heard from again. There are few exceptions which you have listed and I agree sometimes a change is good but not everyone leaves because of the coaches. It could be due to issues with other players. My point is that kids don't always leave because of the coach, it could be personal problems, homesick, girlfriends. I think we all can agree that it sucks to lose players but the reality is coaches can't keep kids from leaving if that is what they want to do.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Fact is your a hater. I choose to look at things from an adult point of view. You have no solutions except get a new coach. That's your answer to everything. You keep trolling. I find it funny that you and a few others blame the coach for everything but fail to see that the players we have lost are obviously not worth worrying about. When these players leave do you ever hear about them again? Nope because they probably did the same thing at their new schools. Don't talk about players who never enrolled at UTEP. Find a player that has transferred or left school in the past few years who have had a successful college or pro career (NBA). I can think of one player the power forward who played for Mississippi State. But what happened to him? He was a can't miss player but somehow he missed. Players who leave in my humble opinion have a character flaw and its not going to change no matter where they go. These same kids will be the same ones who quit their jobs anytime they are challenged or asked to do something out of their comfort zone. It's a pattern for these kids. Their motto... quit when the road gets too rough. You keep defending players who don't give a damn about UTEP or their teammates. I choose to stand by the coaches and the players who work hard, stick it out, and ignore the negativity to get better every day.
So at this point im convinced you either get a paycheck from UTEP or are a family member of one of coaches. 99% of us orange kool-aid drinkers know their is a coaching problem. As someone said earlier if the only constant in all these stories is the coach at a certain point you have to recognize where the problem lies. Whats crazy to me is how people like you just accept all these excuses. Other programs (mid major) still find a way to win and 7 years in we haven't done it. If your gullible enough to accept all these excuses from TF I'd like to sell you some insurance and be a good friend to your girl.

I want to know why doesn't Floyd take advantage of this transfer epidemic? It seems like everyone is leaving UTEP and few if any want to transfer in. With exception of Artis who really had very few options no players want to transfer in. The high school players who he recruits want to transfer out the first chance they get to. The common denominator is Floyd in all of this.

Reactions: develman and UTEP05
You're correct. I apologize for my error.
One-track minded "05" got me on the "you're" thing on a previous post also. Sometimes he needs to search deeply to find something to moan and groan about. Accidentally misspelled or misused words are his choices if nothing else comes up. I am on the verge of putting him on "ignore", because to express a genuine concern about a matter is one thing; but to be so filled with hate that he resorts to petty grammar or spelling as his basis...he's shown his true colors. He doesn't care about the state of affairs with UTEP athletics. He merely seeks attention.
BTW I can't speak for Perez or Howard, but living in Dallas I saw results of C. Washburn's performances and we lost nothing when he departed.

The only thing I know is that Coach Floyd has had a tough go of it because of all the player movement. My solution has always been to make the transfer rules more difficult.

I asked about solutions to better the basketball program- conference championships, appearances in the Big Dance, etc.

Yes, Floyd can be abrasive, direct, and down right rude at times, but he really cares about these kids and the one's who stick it out appreciate him. Basketball rarely has quick fixes that work.

Based on what do you think Floyd cares?

Gillespie and Barbee had quick fixes.

but to be so filled with hate that he resorts to petty grammar or spelling as his basis...he's shown his true colors. He doesn't care about the state of affairs with UTEP athletics.

Hate? Don't think so.

If somebody labels somebody I am not, I will call out their grammatical errors. If they respond peacefully (which is the bulk of this board) then there is no point.

Just because we are negative on here doesn't mean we don't care. We are just frustrated with the same BS.

So at this point im convinced you either get a paycheck from UTEP or are a family member of one of coaches. 99% of us orange kool-aid drinkers know their is a coaching problem. As someone said earlier if the only constant in all these stories is the coach at a certain point you have to recognize where the problem lies. Whats crazy to me is how people like you just accept all these excuses. Other programs (mid major) still find a way to win and 7 years in we haven't done it. If your gullible enough to accept all these excuses from TF I'd like to sell you some insurance and be a good friend to your girl.
I really don't care if Floyd stays or goes. My point is that it doesn't matter who the coach is kids will come and go. Who is the coach you would hire that can solve all of our problems? I am not related to Floyd nor am I receiving a paycheck from UTEP. Fact is I pay UTEP as a fan, like many of you. Another question is why do the majority of kids stay and play for Floyd if things are so bad? Why do the other coaches stay and work for Floyd? We have a few players leave and the world is ending. Guess what we get a new coach and the same things are going to happen. We have an average team because kids did not honor their commitment for one reason or another. I guess Floyd loves to coach a bunch of average basketball players and add to his losing record. Don't think for one second that once Floyd gets things going again he's not leaving for a bigger and better gig. I believe that was always his plan it just hasn't worked out yet.

Don't think for one second that once Floyd gets things going again he's not leaving for a bigger and better gig.

You make it seem like Floyd is going to still do amazing things at UTEP. He can barely beat Alaska Fairbanks and lost to SE Louisiana in his 7th season.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I asked about solutions to better the basketball program- conference championships, appearances in the Big Dance, etc.
I wish I knew because I would quit my job and work in the world of college basketball. These guys make ridiculous amounts of money. I don't take things personally. I know I am in the minority here but I believe recruits read these sites and bashing our coach is not a way to get players to come to El Paso. There are problems but I tend to side with the Coaches because I know from personal experience how difficult kids can be when they don't get their way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT