ADVERTISEMENT

Omega Harris suspended

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
According to my friend and coworker, Lou Romano, it seems Omega Harris has been suspended this next game for missing class.

Look at each incident individually. This one seems clear-cut. I'll side with Floyd on this one in emphasizing academic performance; it's in his players' long-term best interests.

I'm with your reasoning on this one. Sure as hell sucks though, especially taking everything else into consideration.

It really doesn't matter just Floyd trying to manipulate his programs situation and show some consistency. It's old and doesn't really matter.

Look at each incident individually. This one seems clear-cut. I'll side with Floyd on this one in emphasizing academic performance; it's in his players' long-term best interests.
Me too!!! This isn't the first time for Omega. The coach can't put a leash on every player and/or a tracking system.

Wait til you see the press conference CTF just held. On the verge of tears, mentioned Isaac Hamilton an incredible 5 times. They even made Omega go in front of the cameras. Same ole tired story.
Where can I see the press conference?

Omega has had off court issues and suspensions since his high school days.

Wait til you see the press conference CTF just held. On the verge of tears, mentioned Isaac Hamilton an incredible 5 times. They even made Omega go in front of the cameras. Same ole tired story.

If that's true, Floyd has completely lost his marbles.

Reactions: UTEP05
Hasn't Harris had this problem before? My senility keeps me from remembering clearly.

At any rate, if he has had this problem before, then this is disappointing.

lieb

Just heard the presser on SportsTalk, Floyd first says that he took over he had to replace 11 seniors. Then he laid out a scenario in which we should have been a top 15 program right now because we should have Hamilton, Hunter, Artis, A healthy Wilms, and Moore in the starting 5. He said losing Hamilton, Hunter, and Moore is something that no program can overcome at the mid major level.

Says he knows how to recruit and where to find players and that the city will love the 7 guys coming in.

He said he is proud of the fact guys of that quality have committed to UTEP over the years.

Reactions: UTEP05
Oh, he also mentioned a couple times that Winn has quit 2 times before and that him not coming to practice on Tuesday was the final time and they moved on.

Just heard the presser on SportsTalk, Floyd first says that he took over he had to replace 11 seniors. Then he laid out a scenario in which we should have been a top 15 program right now because we should have Hamilton, Hunter, Artis, A healthy Wilms, and Moore in the starting 5. He said losing Hamilton, Hunter, and Moore is something that no program can overcome at the mid major level.

Says he knows how to recruit and where to find players and that the city will love the 7 guys coming in.

He said he is proud of the fact guys of that quality have committed to UTEP over the years.

That's a bunch of BS wrapped in BS. Does anybody still believe this guy? All he ever talks about are excuses.

Reactions: develman
Huh three guys that transferred, one that never made it on campus and one that is injury prone. I wonder who's at fault here.

Reactions: develman
Well, Winn certainly didn't say anything about that in his interview. :confused:
THE DRAMA CONTINUES.....I'm getting dizzier by the day. I've been a Floyd supporter thru all the piles of ongoing crap giving him the benefit of the doubt. The continuous misfortunes with Winn and Harris being the latest have me on the teeter totter again if what he said today is true about their respective histories. Maybe he's just got some kind incurable disease and needs a "shot" of some miracle juice to make all this go away. Guess I'll get back on the bandwagon again although not sure for how long.
Go Miners

If I were young, rich, handsome, and had an enormous cock I might be shagging Emily Ratajkowski.

Man...that interview irritated the crap out of me. I've never heard a coach with so many excuses. Why is he still mentioning IH? I forgot that kids name a long time ago... it's about time Floyd does the same.

I also couldn't help but laugh when he said "if middle Tennessee or u uab lost their top 3 players, they would struggle too ". I guess that's the point, coach. These programs aren't running kids off like we are.

Something tells me the Omega saga isn't over either. Kid doesn't seem happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's debating on going the Terry Winn route and bouncing. My guess is the morale in that locker room is in the toilet. That happens when you play for a tyrannical coach, can barely compete with Div2 teams, and your friends/teammates are quitting or leaving for greener pastures. ..

Same 'ol song from this guy. Cry me a friggin' river already.

Floyd, is directly responsible for the kids he recruits and how well they do in class and school as well as of they defect early. I understand all schools have kids leave early for the pros or transfer, but at Utep kids are leaving because they're unhappy with Floyd and are leaving for the Pros despite not being anywhere close to ready. Floyd can blow all the smoke he wants, but its his Cigar causing everyone to get sick

Reactions: jobu and UTEP05
The graduation epidemic in college basketball has really hurt this program. I mean, if athletes didn't have to be replaced we would have Randy Culpepper in the same backcourt as Artis and Hamilton. Jon Bohannon and Vince Hunter in the front court. If UAB had to lose players to graduation each year and their best players had to be replaced by freshman, they would struggle. It hurts mid majors, Navy never recovered after David Robinson. But we have to move on and put our heart and soul into the garbage that's here now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT