ADVERTISEMENT

Omega Harris suspended

You make it seem like Floyd is going to still do amazing things at UTEP. He can barely beat Alaska Fairbanks and lost to SE Louisiana in his 7th season.[/QUOT

With the lineup we have it is going to be a struggle every game. But one thing I can tell you the kids that stick with him are going to improve. This team will be better than you think later in the season. Are they going to post season play? Who knows that's what I love about the conference tournament. Anyone can win it as long as we win enough to get into it. I stand by our team and our players. It's not their fault that some players only care about themselves.

I wish I knew because I would quit my job and work in the world of college basketball. These guys make ridiculous amounts of money. I don't take things personally. I know I am in the minority here but I believe recruits read these sites and bashing our coach is not a way to get players to come to El Paso. There are problems but I tend to side with the Coaches because I know from personal experience how difficult kids can be when they don't get their way.

So you still have faith in Floyd that he will win conference championships and win games in the Big Dance?

All recruits have to do is open a search engine and they can find all of the negative things that happened under Floyd. We are not talking about anything top secret. We are just discussing the information that is already out there.

Maybe Floyd is the difficult one when he doesn't get his way?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
With the lineup we have it is going to be a struggle every game. But one thing I can tell you the kids that stick with him are going to improve. This team will be better than you think later in the season. Are they going to post season play? Who knows that's what I love about the conference tournament. Anyone can win it as long as we win enough to get into it. I stand by our team and our players. It's not their fault that some players only care about themselves.[/QUOTE]

With the lineup we have it is going to be a struggle every game. But one thing I can tell you the kids that stick with him are going to improve. This team will be better than you think later in the season. Are they going to post season play? Who knows that's what I love about the conference tournament. Anyone can win it as long as we win enough to get into it. I stand by our team and our players. It's not their fault that some players only care about themselves.

What makes you think that the team is going to be better later in the season?

Anyone can win it as long as we win enough to get into it? LMAO!!! :D

It seems like Floyd is the stubborn one and only cares about himself and his ways.

So you still have faith in Floyd that he will win conference championships and win games in the Big Dance?

All recruits have to do is open a search engine and they can find all of the negative things that happened under Floyd. We are not talking about anything top secret. We are just discussing the information that is already out there.

Maybe Floyd is the difficult one when he doesn't get his way?
Maybe but isn't the Coach supposed to get his way?

Who? What makes you think he will get the job done. UTEP is not an easy job.

Barbee and Gillespie got it done.

I would take any young, experienced, assistant coach at this point.

Look at NMSU. Their coach is in his first year and they are 6-2.

Reactions: kickballpro
What makes you think that the team is going to be better later in the season?

Anyone can win it as long as we win enough to get into it? LMAO!!! :D

It seems like Floyd is the stubborn one and only cares about himself and his ways.
Well I hope that they can't get much worse than they are playing right now. I am hoping some of the young ones step up and make a difference now that they are forced to play.

Good point. But I don't believe they lost any players. Apparently they have done a better job of recruiting kids who can handle college coaching.

Hate? Don't think so.

If somebody labels somebody I am not, I will call out their grammatical errors. If they respond peacefully (which is the bulk of this board) then there is no point.

Just because we are negative on here doesn't mean we don't care. We are just frustrated with the same BS.
So you just like to call out grammatical errors? Who the **** cares if there is a grammatical error, makes you look like an ASSHOLE.......just saying

God reading this thread sure was a waste of my time.....
Well why don't you post something that interests you. Apparently you have time to burn. I find everyone's posts insightful. You don't have to agree but at least try to add something worth while.....

Reactions: UTEP05 and JCorona
Fact is your a hater. I choose to look at things from an adult point of view. You have no solutions except get a new coach. That's your answer to everything. You keep trolling. I find it funny that you and a few others blame the coach for everything but fail to see that the players we have lost are obviously not worth worrying about. When these players leave do you ever hear about them again? Nope because they probably did the same thing at their new schools. Don't talk about players who never enrolled at UTEP. Find a player that has transferred or left school in the past few years who have had a successful college or pro career (NBA). I can think of one player the power forward who played for Mississippi State. But what happened to him? He was a can't miss player but somehow he missed. Players who leave in my humble opinion have a character flaw and its not going to change no matter where they go. These same kids will be the same ones who quit their jobs anytime they are challenged or asked to do something out of their comfort zone. It's a pattern for these kids. Their motto... quit when the road gets too rough. You keep defending players who don't give a damn about UTEP or their teammates. I choose to stand by the coaches and the players who work hard, stick it out, and ignore the negativity to get better every day.

Moultrie a "miss"?

8AAZfF.gif

Moultrie a "miss"?

8AAZfF.gif
My point is he was supposed to be an NBA player. Where is he? Good college player, made all SEC team Disappeared after a couple of years bouncing around the NBA. Now plays in Lebanon.....Julian Stone was a better overall than player than Moultrie was and he stuck it out 4 years at UTEP. At least Julian is playing in the D league of the NBA.

Last edited:
My point is he was supposed to be an NBA player. Where is he? Good college player, made all SEC team Disappeared after a couple of years bouncing around the NBA. Now plays in Lebanon.....Julian Stone was a better overall than player than Moultrie was and he stuck it out 4 years at UTEP. At least Julian is playing in the D league of the NBA.
you realize you get paid vastly more in most countries compared to the D league. That shows you dont know much about life after college ball.

you realize you get paid vastly more in most countries compared to the D league. That shows you dont know much about life after college ball.
I don't profess to know everything about life after college ball. The standard for me is the NBA. I don't care how much money he makes playing in Lebanon (great place to go as a basketball player). My point is that despite his physical appearance and basketball skills he did not make it to the NBA after leaving UTEP for greener pastures (SEC Mississippi State). Thank you for educating me about how much money a player can make overseas. The D league is like AAA baseball. One step away from every basketball players dream.

Reactions: Cube Jack
I don't profess to know everything about life after college ball. The standard for me is the NBA. I don't care how much money he makes playing in Lebanon (great place to go as a basketball player). My point is that despite his physical appearance and basketball skills he did not make it to the NBA after leaving UTEP for greener pastures (SEC Mississippi State). Thank you for educating me about how much money a player can make overseas. The D league is like AAA baseball. One step away from every basketball players dream.

Wrong again about Moultrie!

Buddy, I appreciate you being nice I do. As an FYI the D league is not at all like AAA baseball. If you get cut from NBA roster and you are damn good you go overseas and make a lot of cash like Randy does. Once a year you come back and try at it again with NBA teams. Theres a lot of guys that stick around the D league for various reasons: more exposure, close to home... but the D league is not like AAA baseball. If it was people would give a sh!t about it but they dont. You'll see all our/other schools best overseas guys come in during the summer to tryout again. They could easily get a D league spot but choose the money.

My mistake. I thought the D league was the place to be if you had a chance to make an NBA roster. I didn't think going overseas was the best option to make it back to the show. Thanks for the info....

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
My mistake. I thought the D league was the place to be if you had a chance to make an NBA roster. I didn't think going overseas was the best option to make it back to the show. Thanks for the info....

If I remember correctly, Antonio Davis went overseas, bulked up, improved his game, and made a great living in the NBA...... #justsayin

Not everyone playing overseas makes a ton of money. I just left Germany and the pro-team down the road had their 3 or 4 Americans. One of them took a part time job on base to make extra cash to help support his American girlfriend who he brought over. One of his perks was use of a team car that was slightly bigger than a shoe that had the team name and logo painted all over it.

You also have to think that some leagues in smaller countries are the equivalent to some smaller soccer leagues where players are often paid late, and I'm sure it says a lot when you see that so many players just bounce around. I'm sure it's not a bad living but it's definitely not a secure career either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT