ADVERTISEMENT

OPT and game thread: Sul Ross St

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
We play the mighty Lobos of Div III Sul Ross St tomorrow, a Div III team. Despite the fact that I'm sure most of us believe that we should only play teams like this in exhibition games, they're on the schedule, and hence we need an OPT.

Miners: 85
Lesser Lobos: 65

Reactions: groundrounds
Well, we better win. Looking forward to seeing guys like Hamilton get more minutes. Wonder if Sumlin is getting the redshirt? I'd like to see what he does.

I want to see our main rotation guys dominate and then sit out for most of the 2nd half.

Well, we better win. Looking forward to seeing guys like Hamilton get more minutes. Wonder if Sumlin is getting the redshirt? I'd like to see what he does.

I want to see our main rotation guys dominate and then sit out for most of the 2nd half.
He was in warmups for NMSU and did not travel for the Texas game, so I believe he is redshirting. Unless he is hurt, but with Zachery and Givance at the point it is probably a good move for him.

Hamilton totally exceeded my expectations and provided solid minutes against NMSU. Size, he didn't get pushed and actually did the pushing, hustled his off arse (one for a loose ball), rebounded. The kid from Bossier (CC) was doing some bossin' in the paint.

Hamilton totally exceeded my expectations and provided solid minutes against NMSU. Size, he didn't get pushed and actually did the pushing, hustled his off arse (one for a loose ball), rebounded. The kid from Bossier (CC) was doing some bossin' in the paint.
Gotta be impressed by his work ethic too. Lost 50 pounds over the summer?

Gotta be impressed by his work ethic too. Lost 50 pounds over the summer?
If he can learn to not be a liability in pick and roll defense, he will get more playing time as the season progresses. He’s the most skilled big man they have in terms of low post scoring. He showed some of that with that move he made to score at the end of the half.

If he can learn to not be a liability in pick and roll defense, he will get more playing time as the season progresses. He’s the most skilled big man they have in terms of low post scoring. He showed some of that with that move he made to score at the end of the half.
Agree. Plus, he is a true 5, unlike Onyema and Kalu. There will be more opportunities for Hamilton depending on the lineup they are facing.

Boy oh boy I cannot wait until these horribly produced games are no more. C-USA/UTEP productions absolutely suck to no end. Pathetic.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT