ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A little fatherly bragging

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
This summer will mark 5 years since I first came on this board to brag about my son Kevin. At the time he had just been awarded a scholarship from the National Science Foundation. The scholarship, in addition to covering his tuition and fees, also paid his room and board at Miner Heights, and gave him the opportunity to join a research team.

Kevin received his BS in Physics just three years later at the age of 20, with a 3.9 GPA. This summer he will receive his MS in Physics, also from UTEP, and currently has a 4.0 GPA.

Just last week he was accepted into the PhD program in the Department of Physics at Arizona State. ASU is offering him a tuition waiver, a monthly stipend, and a $5000 fellowship. He is still waiting to hear back from a few other schools to which he has applied, but is heavily leaning towards enrolling at ASU.

Okay, my apologies for the proud papa moment. It's time to get back to your regularly scheduled Miner discussions.

Last edited:
This summer will mark 5 years since I first came on this board to brag about my son Kevin. At the time he had just been awarded an scholarship from the National Science Foundation. The scholarship, in addition to covering his tuition and fees, also paid his room and board at Miner Heights, and gave him the opportunity to join a research team.

Kevin received his BS in Physics just three years later at the age of 20, with a 3.9 GPA. This summer he will receive his MS in Physics, also from UTEP, and currently has a 4.0 GPA.

Just last week he accepted into the PhD program in the Department of Physics at Arizona State. ASU is offering him a tuition waiver, a monthly stipend, and a $5000 fellowship. He is still waiting to hear back from a few other schools to which he has applied, but is heavily leaning towards enrolling at ASU.

Okay, my apologies for the proud papa moment. It's time to get back to your regularly scheduled Miner discussions.
Congrats!! These type of stories never get old

I don't know you but would like to wish you and you're awesome son well. Thanks for sharing such a good story.

GO MINERS!

You should be proud of your son, but he should be equally proud of you and his mom. It is obvious that he has good genes and was raised with the right kind of values and attitude to become a successful man. Congratulations to you all.

Reactions: CoSpgsMinerfan
This summer will mark 5 years since I first came on this board to brag about my son Kevin. At the time he had just been awarded a scholarship from the National Science Foundation. The scholarship, in addition to covering his tuition and fees, also paid his room and board at Miner Heights, and gave him the opportunity to join a research team.

Just last week he was accepted into the PhD program in the Department of Physics at Arizona State. ASU is offering him a tuition waiver, a monthly stipend, and a $5000 fellowship. He is still waiting to hear back from a few other schools to which he has applied, but is heavily leaning towards enrolling at ASU.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Hopefully, he is a humble young man and realizes that all of this is a God given gift. May he continue to work hard and take advantage of these opportunities.

Reactions: utep2step
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT