ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bad Tourney so far for the mid majors

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
I said in a previous thread that in the NCAA Tournament I always cheer for the mid major teams whenever they play against a high major (even the stupid Aggies). In the case of two mid majors playing each other, I cheer for the higher seed, believing that they have a better chance of making a deep run.

So far this tournament has been a disappointment for me. Gonzaga took care of business, but so far Murray State is the only double digit seeded mid major to win a game. The Aggies blew three chances in the final couple of seconds of their game, Belmont came up just short, St Mary's, Yale, and Vermont came close but couldn't get it done, and Bradley faded down the stretch. To make matters worse, single digit seed Nevada dug themselves too deep a hole. So far Wofford looks good, I hope that they can keep it up.

I hope that the mid majors have better luck tomorrow. The first round of the tournament is always my favorite, due to the the sheer number of good games, the upsets, and the buzzer beaters. So far we've had several good games, but the potential buzzer beaters haven't fallen, and only one of the type of upsets I like to see has happened. If tomorrow doesn't work out better this will be a very disappointing first round for me.

ODU sure looks like shit. Missed their last 11 shots of the half and 6 minutes without a bucket. Me thinks CUSA’s 4 game first round win streak is gonna end tonight.

Reactions: Lil_Train
NMSU was a winner in my eyes and should be playing tomorrow. Who cares what the scoreboard said yesterday. These Fanticoog googles are amazing .

NMSU was a winner in my eyes and should be playing tomorrow. Who cares what the scoreboard said yesterday. These Fanticoog googles are amazing .
I was amazed when I saw the highlights. If Utep would've lost that way, we'd all be on suicide watch! They had so many chances!

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm only reminding everyone how we (me included) have argued how crappy it is that we're in a one bid league and our one team gets cremated. Gotta get a fix somehow.

I'm only reminding everyone how we (me included) have argued how crappy it is that we're in a one bid league and our one team gets cremated. Gotta get a fix somehow.
Guess we all shouldn’t be bitchen about the one bid leagues. Damn saying that really sucks. Oh well didn’t hurt my brackets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT