ADVERTISEMENT

OT but CUSA basketball related: Let them play?

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
La Tech went off on the 49'ers last night. The niners and Miners are in similar situations with interim coaches leading their respective teams.

Boykins of La Tech was a man among boys last night and he got penalized for it last night.....twice.

Boykins did nothing wrong on either play. UNCC, like UTEP, sucks that much.

CUSA refs, this is the highest level of college basketball. Let. Them. Play. Keep it clean. Keep it safe. Keep it fair (on calls).

I am still trying to figure out what he did. He didn't showboat. Why was he ejected?

I know he was involved in a fight against UAB and suspended last season. Does he now have a "troublemaker" reputation?

Wow. That was a bullshit call if I’ve ever seen one. What are you supposed to do when you slam dunk? It’s funny that fans get rowdy as hell and say all kinds of vile stuff and that’s ok but this guy looks down and gets ejected.
I have a feeling like this ref assumed Boykins was going to do something worth a technical and just jumped the gun. Either way that guy should be gone.

I know he was involved in a fight against UAB and suspended last season. Does he now have a "troublemaker" reputation?
Probably. In football, it's not heald against you, plus you have more bodies on the field to officiate. In basketball, once you get that reputation, it's hard to shake. It's the curse of Bill Lambeer.

Probably. In football, it's not heald against you, plus you have more bodies on the field to officiate. In basketball, once you get that reputation, it's hard to shake. It's the curse of Bill Lambeer.

That's what I'm thinking. I remember Jojo Garcia getting called for everything back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT