ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs ODU - CUSA Tourney

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
I figured the 'CUSA Basketball Tournament' thread could be for all other games not UTEP, and that tonight's game could use it's own thread.

Our two top scorers had off night's shooting, going 12 of 36, last time we played ODU. Saterfield went 3 of 9. We only made 16 of 27 from the line. And, as someone mentioned in another thread, we didn't have Kennedy. We won the turnover battle 15-4.

The Monarchs, on the other hand, went to the line 47 times, making more than we even took. However, they had a worse shooting night than we did, going 1 of 15 from deep and shooting only 31.5% from the field overall. A glaring stat that kept them in the game was 52-36 rebounding edge.

I expect that we'll shoot more efficiently tonight, however I expect the same from them. I expect that we'll close the rebounding gap a bit and win the turnover battle as well. I'm thinking a 5-6 point win.

UTEP - 76
ODU - 71

Last edited:
I have a mandatory meeting I got volunteered to attend without me having any say, ugh! Keep the details of the game rolling on here if you could.

TV has to to stay out of foul trouble.

Keep you emotions in check Miners! No back sassing, these CUSA refs. They are really bad, inconsistent at best, refs; we know. Just take the call and play on. They have bounced UTEP out before come tourney time and they will do it again.

UTEP 60
ODPew 58

this game looks like a 50-50 game to me.
If our big come up big time then we win.
close game but win by 7 pts.
73 to 66.
goin' to be a great game.

Reactions: utep2step
UTEP - 74
ODWho? - 67

Margin larger if we do a better job rebounding but we are who we are. We are not so good rebounding.
Yup. We can't afford crap like this happen.....
ComposedFairBuckeyebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

1st game will be the hardest (per Golding), but if we win the 1st couple of games then look out!

That's how I feel too and why I'm calling it a close game. MTSU is getting their star player back but hopefully with a game under our feet on that court we'll be able to catch them off guard.
Middle has a losing record away from their gym too.

These announcers didn’t do their homework. Getting names wrong. Stats wrong. It’s like they were just given the assignment a few minutes before the game. They do seem to know who Don Haskins is, tho.

ODU is gonna make it tough for our guards. They have active hands out on the perimeter. We are going to have to really value our possessions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT