ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs ODU - CUSA Tourney

I will be the first one to say I gave Kennedy a lot of crap about his shooting but he has been night and day since the beginning of this season…. Great job Kennedy!!

You and I both. I remember posting about how I would cringe every time I saw Kennedy about to shoot. Kinda glad he shot his way out of what appears to have been a slump because he's been tearing it up since just before his injury.

I haven't been to Hooters in forever because the quality of both the food and the view took a nosedive but damn, these commercials. Might have to check out how cold their beer is again sometime soon.

You and I both. I remember posting about how I would cringe every time I saw Kennedy about to shoot. Kinda glad he shot his way out of what appears to have been a slump because he's been tearing it up since just before his injury.
Me three.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Grown. Man. Basketball.

That's what we have whenever Z in in there. I wish I had coined that and patented it.

Also, when Tydus got that rebound and had no help I hollered at my TV, "take it to the hole!" He did. Love TV as well. Tydus V, that is.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I was driving during the first half, listening to the game via the 600 app. It looks like we played pretty well in the 1st half, with the exception of defensive rebounding (big surprise). Why am I scared that we will give up this lead fairly quickly in this half, and have to try to win a tough one?

Oh, and it sucks having to watch this 2nd half on a sh@tty hotel wifi connection.

I was driving during the first half, listening to the game via the 600 app. It looks like we played pretty well in the 1st half, with the exception of defensive rebounding (big surprise). Why am I scared that we will give up this lead fairly quickly in this half, and have to try to win a tough one?

Oh, and it sucks having to watch this 2nd half on a sh@tty hotel wifi connection.
Unless the flow changes drastically, not gonna happen tonight.

They have out-rebounded us 14-7 on the offensive end. We are giving up too many rebounds to their offense. What's helping is that we have limited them to 32% shooting so far with under 6 minutes to go.

We just need to stay strong defensively and we get the W.

They have out-rebounded us 14-7 on the offensive end. We are giving up too many rebounds to their offense. What's helping is that we have limited them to 32% shooting so far with under 6 minutes to go.

Yes this a big problem. Won't work against a team that can shoot. ODU just doesn't have enough shooters.

I don’t mind the 3s going in, but why are we not burning clock?

Some of our 3s have been pretty wide open looks as the game has progressed. Like Souley's a few minutes ago and Sibley's just now. I do wish we'd look more for easy 2s but that's just not how we play it seems.

In any case, under 4 to go and we have a good lead. Just stay focused and play hard and we get the win and advance.

A lot of opportunities to get offensive rebounds if you can't shoot.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Got to give ODU some credit for playing hard and not giving up. You have to admire their hustle.

Reactions: Lil_Train
And again we get very sloppy late in the game with a lead. Our saving grace is that this lead is 15. Golding had better figure the **** out why our guys lose so much focus and intensity very late in a game with a lead.

So lead is safe with this team.

Reactions: Rot and MinerMambo
We have to do a better job of finishing games strong and not allowing teams to score so easily. The final score is not indicative of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT