ADVERTISEMENT

OT Congrats to the NMSU Men's and Women's Basketball Teams

El Paso Chihuahuas

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2014
El Paso, TX, USA
The women's team is going dancing for the first time since 1988 and the men's team are in the Big Dance for the 5th team in 6 years. I don't know how Marvin gets it done, but he just does. NMSU was barred with injuries all season and still got it done. I'm just surprised Menzies hasn't gone on to a bigger school.

It really pisses me off that in the past six years, UTEP has been to the Big Dance one time and NMSU has been to the Big Dance five times.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:14 AM by El Paso Chihuahuas

No one cares about nmsu!! Want to congratulate them? Go to their board....please notice this is the utep miners board!

True, the WAC is the the worst, but we barely held off the Aggies at home, and couldn't beat them without their best players in Cruces. No guarantee we would have won that conference. Sad.

Per the NMSU MBB Roster:
Quite a few players from the Toronto, Ontario, Canada region. Interesting pipeline of players.

I have no problem with congratulating them, but why would you congratulate them on the UTEP board rather than their board, other that to troll?

Originally posted by HookemMiners:

I have no problem with congratulating them, but why would you congratulate them on the UTEP board rather than their board, other that to troll?
Agreed. He could say something like "Why can't UTEP make it once in 5 years, while NMSU make it in 4 straight?" He does it to incite bs.

Like I said, in a thread that mysteriously disappeared this morning at the same time a certain poster showed up too. Not a coincidence, the mods were infiltrated. Chi is well protected.

Just because CUSA is a one bid league, does not mean they are on par with the WAC.. NMSU has gone to the dance because they have the easy road. Their OOC record shows it, NMSU would be a middle of the pack CUSA team. UTEP played them early..

Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:
The women's team is going dancing for the first time since 1988 and the men's team are in the Big Dance for the 5th team in 6 years. I don't know how Marvin gets it done, but he just does. NMSU was barred with injuries all season and still got it done. I'm just surprised Menzies hasn't gone on to a bigger school.
WTH goes on a school's message board and pimps the teams of their supposed biggest rival. You're either dumb as dirt or the biggest pot-stirrer on the internet. Likely both. Pathetic.

Can't believe I have to do this. And, this is with CUSA sucking balls this year. And the question of how does Menzies do this? Well, when you have to win two games against Chicago St. and Seattle.......

43. Old Dominion (CUSA)
58. Louisiana Tech (CUSA)
78. UTEP (CUSA)
103. New Mexico St. (WAC)
117. Western Kentucky (CUSA)
130. UAB (CUSA)
140. Middle Tennessee (CUSA)
210. Charlotte (CUSA)
217. FIU (CUSA)
223. North Texas (CUSA)
237. UTSA (CUSA)
248. Rice (CUSA)
274. Grand Canyon (WAC)
280. Seattle (WAC)
283. Southern Miss (CUSA)
295. UMKC (WAC)
296. Marshall (CUSA)
302. Cal St. Bakersfield (WAC)
303. Florida Atlantic (CUSA)
308. Utah Valley (WAC)
333. Chicago St. (WAC)
334. Texas Pan American (WAC)

I disagree. Has more to do with UAB having so many losses. If LA Tech/Old Dominion/UTEP had won the tourney, probably would have been a 12. Credit NMSU for getting the job done, and there is no guarantee we would have beaten them for an auto bid, but any of the top 6 in CUSA could switch places and also win the WAC.

If you want to go by the numbers, any of the top 11 CUSA teams could win the WAC.

Originally posted by STexMiner:
If you want to go by the numbers, any of the top 11 CUSA teams could win the WAC.
What makes you think that? CUSA and the WAC are both crap leagues.

A so so UAB team won Conference USA and NMSU dominated the WAC. I don't think the low level teams in Conference USA could beat NMSU- but that's just me.

Ok, so maybe any of the other members of CUSA would have won the WAC, but we wouldn't have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT