ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I can't believe his family has to pay his medical expenses. It should be paid for by his place of employment.

If anyone working at a high risk job gets COVID I’m sure their employer/insurer is going to fight tooth and nail to say they didn’t get the disease at work in order to avoid paying claims. It’s the same things when hurricanes hit. “Sorry your house was destroyed by falling debris, not the hurricane. Your policy only protects you against wind and water damage.”

If anyone working at a high risk job gets COVID I’m sure their employer/insurer is going to fight tooth and nail to say they didn’t get the disease at work in order to avoid paying claims. It’s the same things when hurricanes hit. “Sorry your house was destroyed by falling debris, not the hurricane. Your policy only protects you against wind and water damage.”

Even worse that he was treated at the same facility where he worked.

But if you have health insurance you should be covered. It's doesn't matter where you got it from. It's just confusing why the family is going to be forced to pay so much out of pocket.

The key is not touching your face with dirty hands. I make sure I clean my hands before removing my masks. But a masks Unfortunately makes you touch you face.

I question about the COVID death rate, how many of these people would have died with their other health problems.
In the words of Biden ComeOn Man. People in their 70’ up to the 100’s. Millions of people at their age die every year.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I question about the COVID death rate, how many of these people would have died with their other health problems.
In the words of Biden ComeOn Man. People in their 70’ up to the 100’s. Millions of people at their age die every year.

It goes both ways. Someone with diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other ‘underlying health issue’ can live for decades if they are current on their medication(s) and treatment. A person might have an underlying health issue but would normally live a stable life for years. People are discounting how aggressive and nasty Covid-19 is. The people who are dying from Covid-19 with ’underlying health issues’ were not necessarily going to drop dead this year anyway. Covid-19 is killing people.

True, but how many 80 year olds make it into their 90’s 90’s to 100’S . Be honest most of us to live into the 90’S. Average American male 78- female 81.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
True, but how many 80 year olds make it into their 90’s 90’s to 100’S . Be honest most of us to live into the 90’S. Average American male 78- female 81.

Very fair reply. I don’t think we should put a label on it one way or the other. Some people were going to die because of their health issues and/or age. Others, in similar scenarios, would have lived a lot longer had they not contracted Covid-19. Blanket statements just don’t work in this situation.

Its a small percentage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT