ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FC Juarez Bravos

The game will be on FS2 (Spectrum Cable channel 401) in English and FOX Deportes (Spectrum Cable channel 442) at 6 PM MT.

The Bravos have been a huge disappointment so far.

I know people talk about how hard it is to get good talent to come to El Paso, but it has to be even harder to get good talent to go to Juarez. Have there been any players called up to the national team from Juarez? I can’t seem to think of any.

Reactions: kickballpro
Is it horrible that the USA missed the Olympics in soccer? Yes, but I'm not nearly as upset as when we missed the World Cup.

I think the timing (being a year late and right in the middle of international play with FIFA restrictions) hurt the U.S. It's not a good excuse, but being so young and having the most players on international teams ever will help us tremendously in the future. Unfortunately it was a detriment for these Olympic qualifiers.

Is it horrible that the USA missed the Olympics in soccer? Yes, but I'm not nearly as upset as when we missed the World Cup.

I think the timing (being a year late and right in the middle of international play with FIFA restrictions) hurt the U.S. It's not a good excuse, but being so young and having the most players on international teams ever will help us tremendously in the future. Unfortunately it was a detriment for these Olympic qualifiers.
This team was absolutely terrible. The chemistry was among the worst I’ve seen from a team representing the good ole US of A. And that’s saying something. It was something of a B-team of U-23s.

Reactions: axingfools1

No. I don’t give two craps about the Olympics. Making the World Cup is the only priority for US Soccer. We shouldn’t be losing to Honduras, but I am not going to miss early morning Olympic Games. No big deal.

This team was absolutely terrible. The chemistry was among the worst I’ve seen from a team representing the good ole US of A. And that’s saying something. It was something of a B-team of U-23s.
I'm no soccer expert, but from what I've heard and read it was more of a C/D team as most of our top A team players are also U23 (competing in the international friendlies or not allowed to play). Not making excuses though. We have missed numerous qualifiers and U.S. soccer has regressed tremendously. The ONLY thing we have going right now is that our "top" players are young.

I've heard the same. No one cares about the Olympics, all the u23 players are in Europe or with the senior team. I think they're all valid excuses. Imo such weakness at the youth level has seeped into the national team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT