ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FC Juarez Bravos

Locomotive lose in PKs to phoenix in the western conference final. The locomotive style of play is just so frustrating to watch. They take forever to get rid of the ball. They always two touch that shit when they should one touch it. When switching the field, it takes at the very least two balls to get the ball to the other side. No runs in the attacking third, when a player makes a run the damn ball is sent at his feet and hardly any imagination on the attack. Players don't show to the ball, they don't even show square. We need the ghost of Marinho to come back and teach these guys how to attack
I don't even think an outside back made one attacking run tonight

Wow Mexico is pretty high up in the top 10. I wasn't aware they were playing that well overall (except against the U.S. that is).

Wow Mexico is pretty high up in the top 10. I wasn't aware they were playing that well overall (except against the U.S. that is).
Since Tata was hired they’ve only lost one game. To Argentina in San Antonio.

Tonight is an exciting night. NYCFC will be playing Tigres.

One of my former Students at Santa Teresa HS and a young man I still keep in touch with plays for NYCFC, Luis Barraza. Luis "Wicho" has been stuck for 2 years behind GK Sean Johnson at NYCFC and has yet to make an appearence. He's played preseason games but this is his debut tonight. Sean Johnson is out for contact tracing related to Covid. Luis was the 12th overall selection of the MLS Draft 2 years ago.

Game is tonight at 8:30pm on FS1

The MLS final between Seattle and Columbus averaged 862k on fox. Liga MX final almost triple the audience on US TV.

Well, those two cities don't really play soccer nor do they produce talented players... MLS has become a joke with their expansion teams
Well what I meant is that Mexican Americans are likely the majority watching La Liga because they dont care about MLS (and vice versa).

I think Seattle has had one of the best MLS fan bases. That probably made up a big percentage of the MLS final viewership.

Well what I meant is that Mexican Americans are likely the majority watching La Liga because they dont care about MLS (and vice versa).

I think Seattle has had one of the best MLS fan bases. That probably made up a big percentage of the MLS final viewership.

If you are a fan of European soccer it’s tough to watch MLS. It’s like watching the NFL and then trying to watch Pee Wee football to get your fix.

Exhibit A:

Last edited:
If you are a fan of European soccer it’s tough to watch MLS. It’s like watching the NFL and then trying to watch Pee Wee football to get your fix.
Hmm. I would say its more like watching the Korean Baseball league while waiting for MLB. I agree there is a big discrepancy, but pee wee to the NFL is pretty drastic.

The topic was MLS vs Liga MX viewership in the U.S. though

People in Seattle just wanna see how high they can get the "stadium volume meter" up to

Hmm. I would say its more like watching the Korean Baseball league while waiting for MLB. I agree there is a big discrepancy, but pee wee to the NFL is pretty drastic.

The topic was MLS vs Liga MX viewership in the U.S. though

Liga MX is a higher quality league from top to bottom as evidenced by the fact that MLS teams haven’t won a CONCACAF Champions League. Plus the Mexicans living in the US probably drive the ratings for the league. There’s a reason The Mexican National Team plays games in The US nowadays because of the following in the states.

Reactions: kickballpro
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/01/top-sports-audiences-2018-list/

I know this is from 2018 but it really does show that America is a football country. The NFL is head and shoulders above everyone else. But if you look at the ratings excluding The NFL the Mexico/Germany game drew 11.62 Million people, Mexico/S. Korea drew 11.39 and Brazil/Mexico drew 9.56 million. It’s unfortunate that The US didn’t qualify because it would be interesting to see where their games would rate in comparison.

https://the18.com/soccer-news/liga-mx-usa-tv-ratings-vs-mls-epl-telemundo-tudn

It says here that America/Chivas outdrew Tottenham/Chelsea 2.5 million to 744k for the week of Nov 23 - 29. Meanwhile the highest rated MLS game drew 484k. That tells you all you need to know about both the hispanic population in The US and the popularity of the league.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT