ADVERTISEMENT

OT: go Utah State

Congratulations NMSU. Hopefully we get to release half a century of football frustration soon.

First, you said to go to Aggie board and now you're congratulating them. Okay.
Just the other day you were downplaying CUSA victories over SMU and Colorado St and now you’re using a victory over Utah St to rub it in UTEP fans face. What’s the difference?

I watched the game hoping NMSU would lose. It was a good game and I heard and felt the NMSU’s fan base joy. I admit I’m jealous that I still haven’t personally experienced that as a UTEP fan.

I’m also not a grinch. I recognize what they accomplished tonight eat crow and give them an applause.

Yeah those aren't good wins. Where did I say the Aggies was any different? It's good for them and they don't have to wait xXxX years for a bowl win. Trash win overall, but for them, better than UTEP

Yeah those aren't good wins. Where did I say the Aggies was any different? It's good for them and they don't have to wait xXxX years for a bowl win. Trash win overall, but for them, better than UTEP

You need a new team bro. You should go. Life sounds like it's ****ing miserable for you.

Let's not freak the f*** out. NMSU won good for them. It has no bearing on us. Our program is really bad hopefully it's getting better. Let's put it into perspective, Sean Kugler won 7 games lost to a 10 win Utah State team. If Kugler had won that game would it have changed the way people thought about his tenure? Absolutely not.NMSU beat a 6-6 team and won seven games it has no bearing on us. The attention that is played to NMSU in this board is comical. I don't want to compare ourselves to NMSU. That's one of the main problems we have around UTEP. We have to think bigger!

Reactions: ShovelMan66
I don't want to compare ourselves to NMSU. That's one of the main problems we have around UTEP. We have to think bigger!

I agree with most of what you said. However, when that smaller school is kicking your ass every year at hoops and winning bowl games, how are we supposed to think bigger?

I agree with most of what you said. However, when that smaller school is kicking your ass every year at hoops and winning bowl games, how are we supposed to think bigger?

Football is the major sport the one that gets the most press. I think this year was an anomaly. We've won 8 of the last nine and 11 out of the past 14. We've dominated NMSU on the gridiron and it hasn't translated into us being a winning program. We will continue to beat NMSU as long as we schedule them in football. Think bigger means stop measuring yourself against NMSU it gets you nowhere. We have to set expectations and goals for the program.

Good for them - not their fault Natalicio hired a dumb football coach as our athletic director and he and she dragged us to the lowest part of the gutter.
Aggies don't suck Bob Stull does.

Is he gone yet?
Ah, that "what have you done for me lately?" UTEP soup of the day. That is almost as popular in El Paso as menudo on a Sunday morning after a hard night of Saturday night drinking.

While I thought his retiring was the right thing, his legend is all over UTEP athletics. Those facilities did not get built by having church bake sales.

Ah, that "what have you done for me lately?" UTEP soup of the day. That is almost as popular in El Paso as menudo on a Sunday morning after a hard night of Saturday night drinking.

While I thought his retiring was the right thing, his legend is all over UTEP athletics. Those facilities did not get built by having church bake sales.

The most overrated aspect of an AD's legacy is the "accomplishment" of a facilities upgrade. All D1 facilities eventually get a facelift. All of them. It's nothing to hang one's hat on in this day and age. By the time the momentum shifts, Stull will have done more damage than good at UTEP.

Your right on the money Coog. Bob Stull's complete anialation of our football and basketball programs and worse his complete alienation of a very loyal fan base is what it is but to hear some try to justify his time here and call him legendary is beyond the pale. Like you said a blind mule could have accomplished some of the upgrades he did nothing really special all normal stuff that all D1 programs do.
For me his legendary status is that he more than any other AD - alienated a loyal fan base more than any of predecessors ink UTEP atlhletic history. For that I agree he is legendary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT