S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Wow, that must have been the most yawn inducing episode of GOT ever. I haven't read any reaction yet, but here are some of my own quick thoughts:

Jon killing Dany had to be done. But can someone tell me why Drogon unleashed his fury at the iron throne, rather than Jon?

So Sansa becomes Queen of the North. Why did the wardens of the other realms sit back and allow the North to become a kingdom again, without declaring their own independence from the former Seven Kingdoms?

Bran is now king. So what? TV show Bran has to be the least interesting character in GOT. He's just full of weird looks and weird, monotonous speech. And what's up with his small council? Other than sell his services as a mercenary, what had Bronn ever done to show he knows a thing about finance. Yet he's Master of Coin? I have no issues with the other members of the council. Why does Bran need Tyrion to recommend names for the remaining posts, however? Shouldn't Bran be able to determine the right people for those jobs?

Why is there still a Night Watch? Bran the Builder built the Wall to keep out the Others (white walkers). Then it become a way to keep out the wildlings. But when Jon was commander of the Night Watch he let the wildlings cross. And the Night King is dead. So what exactly is the job now of the Night Watch? And how has the Wall been repaired so quickly?

Well, the disappointing eighth and final season ending with the show's most boring episode. How appropriate.

Last edited:
I agree, it was silly for the dragon to symbolically melt the throne. And in every episode they mention that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne but it doesn't come up in the council. I was expecting them to debate Jon as king and dismiss it. But then we get speeches that almost seem like the writers wanted to hint at our own political climate.

Reactions: jdubb66
My biggest peave with this whole story is that my favorite character in all the story never showed up accept at the very end as an also ran. Howland Reed who was at the tower of joy, who killed the sword of the morning, who knew Jon's true lineage, who was unconquerable, who had green sight and magic, who unseated the three best jousters at the tourney at Harrenhal, who was Ned Stark's best friend was reduced to...nothing.

But exposed water bottles notwhitstanding, the last episode was a fitting end to a crap season and rushed finales. It ended as it started, full of flubs and time warps.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
rqWn5Fz.jpg

Last edited:
I watched the last episode with my wife, and since it was the first episode I ever saw it reminded me of the Seinfeld series finale. If that was your first time watching such an iconic show you would have thought it was awful.

Did Jon confess to killing Dany? No body no crime. He could have said that she sat in the Throne and the dumb dragon turned in her.

Reactions: ZonaMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT