ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Houston and Texas Tech

Dang Coog, you are getting more sensitive than me! His name refers to Luster Goodwin. While he doesn't post very often, I wouldn't call him a punk or a troll..

Anywho, I hope he is correct, but there is also strong suggestions that after Houston loses, Sampson is off to Arkansas.

Thanks 66, not sure what’s up with Laser - just looking for an internet “fight”, I guess- go Duke, beat Tech!!

Tech has the right formula:
1) A good point guard
2) A star wing
3) A rim protector/finisher
4) Strong defense
5) Excellent ball security

Reactions: miner1liner
Let's see how close CRT can come to matching that. We only have #3 right now.

Last edited:
Tech has the right formula:
1) A good point guard
2) A star wing
3) A rim protector/finisher
4) Strong defense
5) Excellent ball security
Duke has a 285 lb. 6'-8" player who alone can do all of that. He could've gone pro but NBA'ers frown on it and have a quiet "do (at least) a year in college" mantra because a high schooler to NBA has a socially & maturing demanding tough time in the NBA alone from just adjusting to the physical & mental demands. First year rookies by game 30 hit what's called "The Wall" (and realize the season is far from over).

Hilarious- listening to ESPN radio in DFW a bit ago and one of the guys threw out a “nugget”, that no school in the state of TX other than UTEP has won the men’s basketball national championship and they were in shock, totally unaware, and these are “sports” guys and older ones, too! Let’s go, Sparty, keep the streak alive and let’s keep educating these MF-ers!

Last edited:
Hilarious- listening to ESPN radio in DFW a bit ago and one of the guys threw out a “nugget”, that no school in the state of TX other than UTEP has won the men’s basketball national championship and they were in shock, totally unaware, and these are “sports” guys and older ones, too! Let’s go, Sparty, keep the streak alive and let’s keep educating these MF-ers!

I was listening to that, too. Cowlishaw seemed to know about TWC, The Bear, and Glory Road. Steve Dennis was clueless, though.

Reactions: miner1liner
I live in DFW and I made that point to some sports guys, who didn't believe me and had to look it up lol It's just been way too long since Utep has been relevant in basketball and I hope that changes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT