ADVERTISEMENT

OT Lorenzo Romar Fired

Jan 2, 2017
It amazes me to see when coaches are fired for having one bad season and Floyd can do nothing here for 7 years and still has a job. Romar went to the postseason 10/15 years, 6 trips to the Big Dance, NIT Semifnals and NIT Second Round, Three Sweet 16's, and two other wins in the Big Dance. Floyd has won ZERO games in the postseason in 7 years.

Reactions: alvinosports
I take it they weren't going to sit around and wait to see if the 10 year plan works.

He had two years remaining on his contract, so apparently a "ten year plan" was suitable at one time. Point being, UTEP's not the only G5 school to hang on to underachieving head coaches too long.

He wasnt fired for just having a bad (really bad) season. Hes had 4-5 mediocre years in a row. I cant even remember the last time they went to the NCAA tournament. I bet they dont count 20 wins and getting to the NIT as a success either.

So we're on the level of Portland State now?

Both hail from one-bid, "win your tourney or else" conferences. You tell me. Is UTEP's situation closer to Portland St's or Washington's? You established the thread with a premise of comparing Washington's and UTEP's head coaching gigs and the expectations which go along with the positions.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Both hail from one-bid, "win your tourney or else" conferences. You tell me. Is UTEP's situation closer to Portland St's or Washington's? You established the thread with a premise of comparing Washington's and UTEP's head coaching gigs and the expectations which go along with the positions.

I would say somewhere in the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT