ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Metallica to perform at The Don Haskins Center in 2018

CUSA cities 3: Charlotte, Birmingham, & El Paso
AAC 3: Tulsa, Cincinnati, & Wichita.
MWC 3: Las Vegas, Boise, & Fresno.

This is about the only time the comments on the social media postings weren't 100% crabs and complaints. Shocking to see in 2018. Or maybe it was just the popularity of Metallica. Everyone is pretty stoked. One of the few bands that is relevant across the board.

Right. Nobody is asking who Metallica is. Especially college students. They may not be a fan but they know who the band is.

I’ve seen Metallica 3 times. Once at Aggie Memorial with Guns n Roses, once in the round at The Don for the Black Album, and the best one was for the And Justice for All Tour in Wurzburg Germany. They put on an incredible live show.

I am beyond excited for this show. But I just am stuck in time with Metallica. Don’t know anything that they’ve done over the last 25 years.

I've seen Metallica twice, in 1994 in Albuquerque at University Stadium and last August in Glendale at University of Phoenix Stadium. Hardwired To Self Destruct is a good album, but not like their garage band days. My favorite is Ride The Lightening. They still put on a fabulous show. They are the greatest metal band of all time.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Right. Nobody is asking who Metallica is. Especially college students. They may not be a fan but they know who the band is.

Actually no. I was asked multiple times yesterday. I didn't make it up. Let's be honest, heavy metal hasn't been relevant since grunge came around in the 90s. The fans are now pushing 40 or beyond

Actually no. I was asked multiple times yesterday. I didn't make it up. Let's be honest, heavy metal hasn't been relevant since grunge came around in the 90s. The fans are now pushing 40 or beyond

If that happened then that happened. Metallica hasn’t been strictly heavy metal since the 90’s though. Their albums are regulars on the pop charts and they get regular radio play. I say that and I’m not even a casual fan. They constantly reload their fan base.

Excluding the elderly, I don’t know anybody in any age group who is not aware of Metallica. I understand this is an arena tour but they probably could put 40K in the Sun Bowl.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Doesn’t Ticketmaster get a cut every time tickets are sold? Direct or resale? If that’s the case why would they give a sh*t about fans? They’re essentially double dipping. I’m not a Metallica fan but it sucks that people who really wanted to see the band are essentially being held hostage by opportunistic scalpers.

Doesn’t Ticketmaster get a cut every time tickets are sold? Direct or resale? If that’s the case why would they give a sh*t about fans? They’re essentially double dipping. I’m not a Metallica fan but it sucks that people who really wanted to see the band are essentially being held hostage by opportunistic scalpers.
Yes and they actually encourage you to resale your tickets. I have two tickets for a show in Houston next Sunday. Paid $245 for both tickets. Last night I received an email from Ticketmaster asking if I wanted to see what resale tickets are going for. Out of curiosity I clicked on the link. Tickets in the same area I’m sitting in are going for $600+ a pair. Very tempting to quit my day job and become a professional scalper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT