ADVERTISEMENT

OT New Intro

kappasigmaminer

All Star
Mar 3, 2010
Just saw it last night and it was easily the worst one ive seen. Looks like they went the cheap in-house intern way and not paying a licence fee for music. It was garbage.

When it started I was thinking, at least these POS aggie fans will see some decent production quality/sound in the Don and then....crap. Me and the wife looked at each other and coulnt help but laugh at it.

Just saw it last night and it was easily the worst one ive seen. Looks like they went the cheap in-house intern way and not paying a licence fee for music. It was garbage.

When it started I was thinking, at least these POS aggie fans will see some decent production quality/sound in the Don and then....crap. Me and the wife looked at each other and coulnt help but laugh at it.

Yes, the royalties would be very expensive and would have to be paid for every time the intro was run. This would take a huge toll on the budget.

What is your suggestion as to how to make the intro video better?

Yes, the royalties would be very expensive and would have to be paid for every time the intro was run. This would take a huge toll on the budget.

What is your suggestion as to how to make the intro video better?
Past intros had songs that people recognized and get "pumped up" to. Not this year. Youre question should be directed at UTEP who made that change.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Having an intern or someone in the Sports info department do it was probably the truth, seriously. This is what happens when you have a both revenue programs not bringing in the fans because one wants to play his style of backyard football that doesn't work on the whole and the other wants to blame the Dalai Lama for not reaching out to millennial basketball prospects who are more devoted to Instagram followers than the team concept. Call Stull want you want now, but any responsible manager would cut a budget that has shrunk. When a lot of money is coming in, you can perhaps hire an outside private contractor to make a fancy video or spiffed up presentations or what have you.

This is the new normal for UTEP athletics for a while until Stull and Natalicio find a way to pump some new life into UTEP athletics. Boosters pay for private press box seating, buy the remaining tickets to keep your program at NCAA or confrence minimum requirements, purchase whole tables for ten or more at a fancy luncheon and a handful of 50 yard tickets or court side seating but that is not near enough. Until then, keep supporting the program and pray for divine intervention.

I'm trying to give you a voice. I'm in a position where I can take your suggestions to someone who can possibly use them.
My suggestion. Go back to the high quality intros we had in the past. Not this Sul Ross looking BS.

A recent intro i liked had a song by The heavy, but cant find the intro. The song was this one:
this one sucked

I have to resort to CUSA.tv... I could have told you the UTEP production sucks! lol... It used to be really good for the intro videos! Now they are so bland and lack energy. Bring back thunderstruck, and PLEASE STOP WITH THE "AY O" or whatever the hell that 1970s baseball game chant is! lol Merry Christmas by the way!

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT