ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next Big Thing for El Paso?

What will be El Paso's next big thing to come?

• State of the Art Aquarium

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Great Wolf Lodge / Other form of new waterpark

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • New Amusement Park

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • New Pro Team (pending Arena resolve)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • IKEA / Other Large Retailer

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other (fill in blank)

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
But as stated last year, downtown is top priority:

Check out this article from El Paso Times:

Texas Transportation Commission OKs Downtown I-10 expansion despite Stout's opposition

Orange barrels will be part of El Paso DNA for another ten years.

Reactions: kickballpro
But as stated last year, downtown is top priority:

Check out this article from El Paso Times:

Texas Transportation Commission OKs Downtown I-10 expansion despite Stout's opposition

Orange barrels will be part of El Paso DNA for another ten years.
We need to develop some tourist stuff around the Historic Chinese Laundry that we have instead of an arena.

We need to develop some tourist stuff around the Historic Chinese Laundry that we have instead of an arena.
my-man-steve-harvey.gif

I never go to that part of the city. I know it’s gone because I haven’t seen advertisements for car shows there or news articles about the canopies being torn due to wind.

Reactions: kickballpro
John Jaha. Gary Sheffield, Greg Vaughn, and the San Diego Famous Chicken. They were the AA affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers

Gawd, those were the days. Me and my little league teammates walking to the game, walking back home afterwards through the cemeteries, stopping to check out what the druggies and borachos were doing in the open graves... And those names you brought up; holy smokes! GREAT memories!

Gawd, those were the days. Me and my little league teammates walking to the game, walking back home afterwards through the cemeteries, stopping to check out what the druggies and borachos were doing in the open graves... And those names you brought up; holy smokes! GREAT memories!
Walking to the game? You lived down there? That was a tough area back in the day. I bet you’ve got some stories

Jim Paul on his Top 10 worst ideas:

“1. 25 Cent Beer Night After Drinking Age Lowered: "Beer Night went from a fun night for adults to just stupidity with 18-19-year-olds. An 18-year-old could come out and for 50 cents become obnoxious. We had to card everyone. It was a nightmare. It took the family away from Friday nights. We stopped in '88."”

Reactions: MinerFan79
Jim Paul on his Top 10 worst ideas:

“1. 25 Cent Beer Night After Drinking Age Lowered: "Beer Night went from a fun night for adults to just stupidity with 18-19-year-olds. An 18-year-old could come out and for 50 cents become obnoxious. We had to card everyone. It was a nightmare. It took the family away from Friday nights. We stopped in '88."”
That was a GREAT read. Thank you

Dudley Field was awesome. I remember the 10cent hot dog and 25cent beer nights. LEGENDARY indeed, amigo!
Dudley field was horrible. I remember playing flag football in that area. I bet Denvernowins doesn't even know where Dudley field was located??

Dudley field was horrible. I remember playing flag football in that area. I bet Denvernowins doesn't even know where Dudley field was located??
Can't get exact estimate but I swear Dudley Field home plate is the African Lion section of the Zoo after looking at old photos and google maps?

I hear there is also a cat cafe. Who wants to go??

I just noticed that Photon that was on the corner of I-10 and Geronimo by Basset Center on the is gone. What happened ?

Ever go to the Dudley? Those promotions were legendary
My friends and I would go every Sunday. I think that was 10 cent hotdog and quarter beer night. We would stand in hotdog and beer lines until about the 6th inning but Strelzin would keep everyone entertained. Great times.

If you guys haven't seen the Battered Bastards of Baseball, I highly recommend it. Kurt Russell who played for the Sun Kings here in the early 70s figures prominently along with his father. Great film. Lots of ties to El Paso.

Reactions: MinerFan79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT