ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

Shit will be getting real for Russia real soon. Western tanks (except Abrams) are delivered, supplies are rolling in and Zelensky wants to expel them now now that the Russian Army is on the ropes and Wagner militia has no bullets and no reinforcements. Russia gave troops holy (orthodox) candles (seriously). Russian citizens are fleeing Crimea.

SCOTUS ruled in Arizona vs. United States that there's little that individual states can do to secure their international borders because that's the federal government's job.

So when we have a federal government that refuses to secure its borders and enforce its own immigration laws, and the individual states are prohibited by SCOTUS from doing so, what remaining options are there? This is why vigilante groups (like the Minutemen in Arizona) gain support.

Now, I would think it would be unconstitutional (under the same Arizona vs. United States) for states to outright empower vigilante groups. And I generally don't think it's good policy to resort to vigilantes for our law enforcement. But I think we should recognize that this movement is inspired by the current administration's intentional dereliction of the duty that the SCOTUS says is supposed to be its job.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
"H.B. 20 would allow for BPU officers to return undocumented migrants to Mexico if they witnessed the migrants crossing outside of a port-of-entry. (This is clearly unconstitutional as it violates Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution, which gives the federal government jurisdiction over immigration enforcement).
  • The bill also allows the BPU to “use force to repel, arrest, and detain known transnational cartel operatives in the border region” but does not describe how the BPU would know who is a “known transnational cartel operative,” again creating an avenue for “Show Me Your Papers”-style enforcement."
https://www.texasdemocrats.org/medi...20-texas-republicans-show-me-your-papers-bill

BS move as Moscow wants to rebrand Ukraine as the aggressor as they are ready for their massive counter-offensive and Moscow is just protecting its (2014 illegally & violently annexed Ukrainian) land. 1991 agreed sovereign international borders are not a precursor for discussion says Moscow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT