ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

Back to the original intent of this thread, the 2nd great assault on Ukraine has started as Russia throws bodies (not trying to be morbid but that is what Russia is doing) probing Ukraine defense lines.

A little nitric acid never hurt anyone?
Symptoms of an acute inhalation exposure to nitric acid include a burning sensation, dry nose and throat, cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, headache and difficulty breathing

It is truly ominous when you can't wear your butt plug in public any longer without some asshole trying to sniff the business end of it. This is the future atheists want not to be able to wear your butt plug in peace. True believers in The Constitution let us ban together and preserve the right to wear our butt plugs without the fear of being assaulted simply for the pursuit of happiness.

They should just making killing people illegal.
I agree, but we love war so much and make so many awesome killing machines, that I don't think that's an option for the US.

America has been in 19 wars since World War II, but we will list the death toll from three of the bloodiest conflicts: The Korean War, The Vietnam War and wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The total death toll of people killed by American troops in all these wars put together is over 12 million.

Last edited:
A little nitric acid never hurt anyone?
Symptoms of an acute inhalation exposure to nitric acid include a burning sensation, dry nose and throat, cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, headache and difficulty breathing

True story - when I was in high school, I accidentally released nitric oxide while boiling some nitric acid as part of a chemistry experiment. Same symptoms you describe above. One of my classmates got upset and threw an eraser at the beaker holding the liquid, knocked it over and sent the stuff spilling all over the floor. I tried to neutralize the acid by pouring lye on it, but used too much and the floor started to turn black. The mop I was using to try and clean it up turned into a black gooey mess.

When we finally got the mess cleaned up, I was not allowed to do any more experiments in the lab.

lieb

Edit: where was my teacher, you ask? Well, I was a very good chemistry student and this was an experiment I was working on after school for an upcoming science fair and he trusted me to use the lab unsupervised.

Last edited:
True story - when I was in high school, I accidentally released nitric oxide while boiling some nitric acid as part of a chemistry experiment. Same symptoms you describe above. One of my classmates got upset and threw an eraser at the beaker holding the liquid, knocked it over and sent the stuff spilling all over the floor. I tried to neutralize the acid by pouring lye on it, but used too much and the floor started to turn black. The mop I was using to try and clean it up turned into a black gooey mess.

When we finally got the mess cleaned up, I was not allowed to do any more experiments in the lab.

lieb

Edit: where was my teacher, you ask? Well, I was a very good chemistry student and this was an experiment I was working on after school for an upcoming science fair and he trusted me to use the lab unsupervised.
A tidy lab means a lazy chemist.

image_processing20200504-25371-19imfp5.jpg

Why Isn’t Wall Street in Jail?​

Financial crooks brought down the world's economy — but the feds are doing more to protect them than to prosecute them

Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.

“Everything’s ****ed up, and nobody goes to jail,” he said. “That’s your whole story right there. Hell, you don’t even have to write the rest of it. Just write that.”

I put down my notebook. “Just that?”

“That’s right,” he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. “Everything’s ****ed up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there.”

Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world’s wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.

Link

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT