ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sun Bowl

Last time it was up for renewal.

Here’s another benefit of CBS: they’re very positive about El Paso throughout the broadcast. Really nice marketing for the city.
Which ESPN broadcast is negative about the bowl host city?

How many people visit El Paso after watching the Sun Bowl game?

Bernie probably has that old school mentality that believes being on CBS makes this bowl better somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN has offered more money but Bernie turned it down to remain on CBS.
Makes sense. We will just enjoy either Washington St, ASU, or Stanford for the next 5 years while they play some ACC school who might bring 1,000 people to the bowl.

Reactions: kickballpro
Bernie probably has that old school mentality that believes being on CBS makes this bowl better somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN has offered more money but Bernie turned it down to remain on CBS.
Right — Bernie turned down more $$$.

Makes sense. We will just enjoy either Washington St, ASU, or Stanford for the next 5 years while they play some ACC school who might bring 1,000 people to the bowl.
Big decisions coming up for CBS in 2023. SEC will be gone and the CUSA media deal expires. If they don't pick anything else up then the writing is on the wall. CBS is looking to get out of the college football game. Sun Bowl should make the move to ESPN during the 2026 negotiations.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Miami fans on Twitter bitching about returning to the Sun Bowl. They should bang on their President’s door and demand they decline the invitation. I don’t want those whiny bastards here as well.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Miami fans on Twitter bitching about returning to the Sun Bowl. They should bang on their President’s door and demand they decline the invitation. I don’t want those whiny bastards here as well.
Who cares? I don’t see any UTEP fans “excited” about the NM Bowl and Albuquerque. You really think thousands of Miami fans would travel to El Paso to see them play Washington st?

Who cares? I don’t see any UTEP fans “excited” about the NM Bowl and Albuquerque. You really think thousands of Miami fans would travel to El Paso to see them play Washington st?
If El Paso had a NBA g league team Miami fans might of been happy. They could've gone to a G league game while in town.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
If El Paso had a NBA g league team Miami fans might of been happy. They could've gone to a G league game while in town.
5wqech.jpg

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
As soon as this game sees an available tie in with another P5 they will dump the MWC. It's only a matter of time.
Maybe. How many P5 teams, 2 or 3 time zones away are going to be looking forward to traveling to LA in less than 2 weeks notice? If the LA Bowl wants fans, a MWC vs Pac 12 bowl makes sense.

Once upon a time bowls were all about attracting fans and filling hotel rooms. Not the case so much anymore tv sets and viewers are their primary focus. For a lot of these bowls it's not about butts in the seats but eyes on the screen. That's why MWC and CUSA will get locked out of a lot of these bowls as a mediocre B12 or Big10 will take preference.

seems like a waisted season for UTSA. Having a great season only to go play in the Frisco Bowl?? Maybe the GS5 schools should just make their own playoff and let the big schools have their own thing.

They'll just have to put their big boy pants on and deal with it.

Reactions: Lil_Train
And how many cities did you visit after seeing parts of it from a bowl game?

I am sure many people are impressed with the annual El Paso commercial during every Sun Bowl.

The one that shows horse racing, a slot machine, some random girl doing the pick axe sign, the Plaza, Southwest University Park, a kid on the El Bandido, a family looking over scenic drive, random plate of Flautas, ending with a drone shot of the star lit up.

I am sure many people are impressed with the annual El Paso commercial during every Sun Bowl.

The one that shows horse racing, a slot machine, some random girl doing the pick axe sign, the Plaza, Southwest University Park, a kid on the El Bandido, a family looking over scenic drive, random plate of Flautas, ending with a drone shot of the star lit up.
We need all the positive PR we can get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT