ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sun Bowl

SMU would had been a nice alternative, as their bowl game got axed as well. But the university already announced their season is over.

You all make it sound like a replacement team can be found and prepared to play in less than a week. Hey, let’s give Bishop Sycamore a call. 🙄😂🤡

I’m not surprised to hear Miami is pulling out of the Sun Bowl game. Miami has never liked playing in the SB and it sucks they’re pulling this stunt at the last minute. It’s going to be impossible to find a decent replacement this late in the process.

Reactions: MinerFan79
I’m not surprised to hear Miami is pulling out of the Sun Bowl game. Miami has never liked playing in the SB and it sucks they’re pulling this stunt at the last minute. It’s going to be impossible to find a decent replacement this late in the process

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
I’d have much more respect for Miami if they had simply declined the bowl invite.

Have a solid source in sunny world and yes, there will be communication with SMU. That’s all they could say.

Didn’t SMU just pulled out of the Fenway Bowl due to Covid? Why would they accept another?
No. They had a different unplanned setback:

SMU football is heading to Fenway Park for their bowl game but the Mustangs’ equipment truck hit a bit of a snag on the highway trying to get there.

Though things got slightly off the rails late in the season after a hot start for SMU football, the Mustangs are still going bowling as they prepare to face the Virginia Cavaliers in the Fenway Bowl which, as you might’ve guessed, will be played at vaunted Fenway Park in Boston.

A trip to Fenway from Dallas is certainly not a short one for the SMU football program but it seemingly got even longer for the Mustangs equipment truck making the trek up to the northeast.“

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT