ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Arena

Vegasminer

MI Regular
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Rich Wright, a guy with a bigger voice than the rest of us because he has a built in following with his online magazine and Jud Burgess a marketing guy that decided to run for office on an anti Arena ticket are gaining traction with their "downtrodden Durangito denizens" vs the "Evil Rich Developers"/"Evil Government Subsidizers" rantings. They have big bullhorns and sharp elbows. The Downtown was a desolate wasteland for decades because of selfish, shortsighted and unimaginative El Pasoans like them that stifled and strangled development in our city. They want to reverse and destroy our ongoing downtown development while claiming that they're only interested in the historical aspects. please speak up and contact your city representatives!

Rich Wright, a guy with a bigger voice than the rest of us because he has a built in following with his online magazine and Jud Burgess a marketing guy that decided to run for office on an anti Arena ticket are gaining traction with their "downtrodden Durangito denizens" vs the "Evil Rich Developers"/"Evil Government Subsidizers" rantings. They have big bullhorns and sharp elbows. The Downtown was a desolate wasteland for decades because of selfish, shortsighted and unimaginative El Pasoans like them that stifled and strangled development in our city. They want to reverse and destroy our ongoing downtown development while claiming that they're only interested in the historical aspects. please speak up and contact your city representatives!

Yeah this Burgess guy is a real tool, your typical ankle biter and naysayer. He was all over the news, paper and even had a Facebook page dedicated for his stance against the EPISD bonds. He is Eddie Holguin 2.0, we need to keep his kind out of office for sure.

These people who want to save this neighborhood and old houses or buildings. Have they even proposed a plan to fix up the buildings or they just gonna leave it the way it is ? Are they gonna build shops or restaurants? What are they gonna do with the area if they succeed in not getting the arena built there?

Reactions: UTEPDefense
I have to agree if they are going to renovate the area it would be nice to save
the neighborhood but I seriously doubt it. Some of those buildings are eyesores.

We should build the arena. We voted and we won.

Reactions: develman
Yeah this Burgess guy is a real tool, your typical ankle biter and naysayer. He was all over the news, paper and even had a Facebook page dedicated for his stance against the EPISD bonds. He is Eddie Holguin 2.0, we need to keep his kind out of office for sure.
I'm reminded of the grandstanding from that idiot Anthony Cobos "lending his voice" in that PBS film sabotaging the Oñate statue (<--Link). This is opinion, but he did not come across to me as sincere at all; he brought attention to himself at the cost of a project that was already paid for and should have been a historic centerpiece of downtown. Instead no properties would touch it due to the controversy and the largest bronze equestrian statue in the world sits at the airport instead of any type of area that would attract tourists. Cobos was just a small part of the opposition, but he was a useful idiot for his involvement in that PBS film. Yeah, I'm still pissed. Stupid, self-serving El Paso politicians.

Oh, and where is Anthony Cobos now? He would go on to be elected County Judge, thence to federal prison for corruption and embezzlement (<--Link). El Paso politics don't seem to attract the best of society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT